reporters

• Reported By: brokebrady — peterborough Ontario
southstar lending group
markham, Ontario Canada

southstar lending group Now how do I pay the rent? markham Ontario Canada

Wednesday June 5 I went online to kijiji and found an ad for a private lenders loan and applied. The next evening I was phoned by a Mr(I use that term very losely) Phillip Parker to let me know that I had been approved for a loan and to call him back.  I called the number to get the name of the loan company, looked it up on the BBB and there was nothing on it.  I went to their website, phoned the number on it, the website seemed official enough, also when phoning an 800 number I had assumed that it was on the up and up.

He gave me four options to get the loan into my account that day, within 1-2 hours. The first collateral, the second co-signer, the third, credit liability where you would pay $700 through a moneygram for the first year of payments and in six months if you did not miss a payment it would be debited back to the loan.  He gave terms and a reasonable monthly plan and said that they had found a private lender and this is whom I would make the moneygram to,, the name was Troyl Barrow.  I told the con that I only had 1200 in my account which was for rent and he said that the loan would be in my account by the hours end.  He told me to phone when i was at the moneygram store and he would give me all the info to send money.  I am the biggest dumb*** on the earth, I went, phoned him and sent my 700.

When I returned home I phoned him with the reference number and he said the money would be in my bank account within the hour.  I went to lunch with my son, came home, checked my account and with a very sick sinking feeling phoned Phillip Parker back, he did pick up and said that he was really busy wiring money into accounts so give it about another hour.  I said to him, this is a scam, isn't it.  I will be out on the streets if it is.  He laughed and said that most customers think that at first because of the speed of the loan approval.

I asked him when he would be sending the forms to sign through my email to finish the process and he said it should already be in my email box.  I hung up, went onto my email, no forms.

I phoned the jack*** right back and the number was temporarily unavailable. The website was up until sunday and now I cannot find it, the number is still temporarily unavailable.

I have been in touch with the police and it has been three days and they still haven't been by to take a report as it was the weekend and they were very busy. I phoned the moneygram number and they told me that the money was taken out 20 minutes after i sent it in Toronto, not Markham as Phillip Parker stated.  The store said that if the police gave them a supoena they could give them the information of the person who came and took out the money.

Not only do I feel absolutely stupid I am now without my rent, and would like nothing more than justice served to these scam artists who prey on single mothers who may be a bit desperate to restore their credit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/southstar-lending-group/markham-Ontario/southstar-lending-group-Now-how-do-I-pay-the-rent-markham-Ontario-Canada-1057981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on southstar lending group