Complaint Review: Southtowne Volkswagon

• Updated: Fri, February 28, 2014

• Reported By: loverofyahshua — Fresno California
Southtowne Volkswagon
11000 South Frontage Rd. South Jordon, Utah USA

Southtowne Volkswagon Kind of car, they sold me, they saw me coming. South Jordon Utah

I hope that what you are about to read, is incorrect. I attempted to purchase a diesel VW that was local, to me.  There were none to be found.  The private individual I know, had traded in his car.  Within a few days, i found out about it, and he was driving a new car, from one of the VW Dealers, here in this city.  When I could not discover the used car, my friend traded in, I had no alternative, but to turn to a Dealership.  The UK quality, has been supurb, when compared to the USA.  I was informed, of insufficent credit.  After one year, and able to save up $500.00 USD, I was invited, to South Jordon, Utah, and that my car was waiting for me.

And so it happened. I drove my old car, 1,300 miles, to this Dealership.  After arriving, I was given another credit Inspection, and was about to walk out.  the payment, that this Dealersdhip had arranged, was HIGHER, than i had anticipated.  the payment was made, according to what i had agreed to. After being given the keys, i was aboutto depart, the dealership, and i thought, that i should check under the hood.  I found the Windshield Washer battle, very low. i was told, to go see the Service Dept.  When approaching the Service Dept. these had very reluctantly, topped off the one fluid.

After driving home, soon after, about 1400 miles later, the low tire light, had lit up, on the dashboard, to alarm me. I figured, I had run over a nail.I then checked all four tires.  The print on the tires, states that, no more than 51 psi, should be used, when inflating the tires.  These four tires, all had the SAME tire pressure. 65 psi, in each tire.  After a phone call, to the Southtowne Dealership, I was told, that, this is the pressure, filled into the tires, before it is shipped from Germany.  I thought,"Where is the Pre Delivery Report?"

One night, with no leaks, and no problems with this car, I drove off, to join the freeway traffic. Then, with 2,554 actual miles on this car, upon exiting the freeway, the service brake pedal, went to the floor.  I was traveling, at 50 mph, with no brakes. I tried to ride out the speed of the vehicle, by a right turn. and all four tires, SCREACHED, as the car, slid sideways, into the street median.  Three wheels, were beyond repair.  The 2013 Golf, sit out side, in my parking space, with a BUSTED off, front, left wheel.  I had the wheel in the trunk.  My insurance company, hoped for a VW recall, which never happened. I hope, no person, or any life form, is caused any pain, due to this V W  Manufacturer, or their V W Dealerships. It has been 8 months, and tomorrow, I shall return the 2013 V W Golf, to the local Dealership, for more repairs, caused, by this accident. Thanks for reading. dj

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2014 02:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southtowne-Volkswagon/South-Jordon-Utah-84095/Southtowne-Volkswagon-Kind-of-car-they-sold-me-they-saw-me-coming-South-Jordon-Utah-1127195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southtowne Volkswagon