• Report: #420028

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 04, 2009

• Reported By:Kenansville North Carolina
Southwest Florida Neurological Associates
1220 Creekside Lane, Suite 101 Fort Myers, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 239-432-0774
  • Web:
  • Category: Doctors

Southwest Florida Neurological Associates, Southwest Florida Neurological Associates destroyed my life. Fort Myers Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Another fine example of how much the Bush Family HATES AMERICANS!

After damaging my back and in a lot of pain, I was assured by Dr. Gary Correnti and his associates that the surgical procedures normally used to repair the damage were simple and routine. If all goes well, I'll be back at work within a few weeks.

I had the sugery in June of 2006 and immediately developed a hematoma at the surgical site and 2 or more DVTs in the left leg. I was told that followup surgery was necessary to repair the hematoma. Before followup surgery however, Cape Coral Hospital and SWFNA inserted a filter in my vena cava to catch any breakaway DVDs during surgery.

After the second surgery, I was weak and in a lot of pain. Numerous MRIs indicated an infection had set up residence in my spine. My surgeon dismissed the radiologists' assessment and said that my pain was caused by inflamation and sent me home. Three weeks later I was rushed back to hospital and put on massive doses of anti-biotics. I was severly septic.
Dr. Correnti's refusal to recognize that I may have contracted an infection during my first stay in the hospital left me permanently disabled and almost cost me my life.

I fired SWFNA and hired a new team of doctors who saved my life. I stayed in the hospital for four months and went through two months of physical therapy.
You may be wondering if I sued SWFNA, Dr. Correnti and Cape Coral Hospital.
The answer is no..

Cape Coral Hospital is protected under Florida's sovereign immunity laws and Dr. Correnti has no malpractice insurance. Lawyers told that in any other state I would have had a good case, but not in Florida. Thank you Jeb Bush.

I lost my ability to walk unaided, my job and my house. My medical bills exceeded $400,000.00.
Stay away from SWFNA and don't have surgery in a county hospital!!

Kenansville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2009 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwest-Florida-Neurological-Associates/Fort-Myers-Florida-33919/Southwest-Florida-Neurological-Associates-Southwest-Florida-Neurological-Associates-destr-420028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwest Florida Neurological Associates

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Another fine example of how much the Bush Family HATES AMERICANS!

AUTHOR: Just Looking - (U.S.A.)

I notice you list your address as NC. You had to move to another state to survive?

I can't believe that a state included in the United States of America is exempt from malpractice laws. But anywhere a Bush is you can bet you will be treated as a sub human. Bet Texas allows doctors to mangle patients as well.

Sorry to hear of your situation. I hope you have applied for Disability Benefits.

Good luck with everything. Contact Barack Obama and let him know what has happened to you as an American. Most likely he will use your story to push his Healthcare Reform thru.