Complaint Review: SOVEREIGN BANK

• Reported By: Stop Frauds — lebanon Pennsylvania United States of America
SOVEREIGN BANK
Lebanon, Pennsylvania United States of America

SOVEREIGN BANK Someone needs to Sue this bank Lebanon, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: You are in for a rude awakening...

Some one needs to sue Sovereign bank if i had the money and the lawyer i would do it myself. They charge 35 dollars for each insufficient funds. They charged me 70 and forgave one but said they are not suppose to. After this happen i wanted to close my account so i did. The next day they tell me that i owe 160, because of 4 purchases i made totaling around 24 dollars and they want to charge me 35 dollars 4 times because of this. I didn't know i owed them money because i had 30 dollars before i closed the account and they accused me of knowing i owed them money. I do online banking like most people now a days do and it didn't show that i owed them anything.Obviously i had the money in the account to pay it so why wouldn't i now knowing there rip of policy? I spoke to the manager and she was very nasty saying she could have me arrested if she wanted to and what i was doing was with bad intentions when i closed my account. She kept saying i knew i owed them money that i made these purchases when i use online banking to keep track of what i spend and it wasn't there. The way i see it is they shouldn't have closed my account if i owe them money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SOVEREIGN-BANK/Lebanon-Pennsylvania-/SOVEREIGN-BANK-Someone-needs-to-Sue-this-bank-Lebanon-Pennsylvania-530043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SOVEREIGN BANK

You are in for a rude awakening...

AUTHOR: sylver8248 - (U.S.A.)

unless you wise up and starting treating your finances a little bit differently.

This is nothing new.  Most banks charge a fee of around $35 per overdraft.  They even waived one for you, and you are complaining?

If I read this correctly, it sounds like you rely on internet banking as the sole means of keeping up with your checking account.  You obviously made purchases that hadn't yet posted, and forgot about them...and they came in after the account was closed.  Not sure what the complaint is regarding the 4 overdraft charges for the 4 SEPARATE purchases you made that overdrew your account.  It is YOUR responsibility to keep a check register and manage your money.  Not the bank's.

If you continue to have this kind of attitude with your finances you are destined to keep travelling the same road at any bank you go to.