Complaint Review: Soway Tech

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 08, 2012

• Reported By: Karol Peake — Campbell California United States of America
Soway Tech
Unit D & E, 2/F, MERCANTILE IND.& WAREHOBULD 16-24 KWAI CHUNG, Select State/Province United States of America

Soway Tech Ebay Names: Will not refund money from a defective cell phone purchased on Ebay 16-24 KWAI CHUNG

*Consumer Comment: Do your research

Just like the other report, I bought the phone and it turned out to not be what they described in their auction.  The phone was supposed to be *brand new*.  They said they only open the package to set the country & language settings on the phone.  Well having had this exact same phone for the past year & a half, I knew the phone quite well.  What I received came in a non-OEM box, with non-OEM cables, charges, headphones, etc.  The phone had been rooted and had a non-OEM ROM loaded on it and it did not work.  It would drop calls, shut down on it's own and could not find a GPS signal.   I called HTC to verify the phone and they said that the phone was a knock off.  I filed a report with Ebay and told Ebay that they had a bad seller, selling knockoff products.   So far (3 months later) they have done nothing about this company.

I sent the phone back within a week after I received it.  They delayed and delayed some more, my Ebay case closed.   Four weeks after I sent it back I contacted them to find out where my refund was and they said that they had sent the request for refund to their Paypal manager.  That was the last I have heard from them.  I have emailed them over 60 times and I get no response.  I contacted Ebay and they said that because my case is now "closed" that there is nothing they can do.  What a load of crap!  They are choosing to do nothing!  I am not the first person to complain about this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Soway-Tech/16-24-KWAI-CHUNG-Select-StateProvince-/Soway-Tech-Ebay-Names-Will-not-refund-money-from-a-defective-cell-phone-purchased-on-Eba-978445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Soway Tech

Do your research

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

If you read enough of the reports you get the idea that if you run into a problem......you're going to have to deal with the stupid indians who run ebay. Then if you do decide to use ebay then avoid all of the chings.