Complaint Review: Spa Manufacturer, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, September 27, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Gilbert — Cambria California United States of America
Spa Manufacturer, Inc.
6060 Ulmerton Road Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Spa Manufacturer, Inc. Swim Spa Manufacturer Beware - Faulty products and false advertising - horrible warranty and customer service Clearwater, Florida

*Consumer Comment: They made it right!

*Consumer Comment: Crappy, non-service!

*Consumer Comment: Great experience with Spa Manufacturer

*UPDATE Employee: The rest of the story

I reside in California and bought a swimspa from the spa manufacturers in May 2011 and it was finally delivered in July 2011. The company is located in Clearwater Florida and they claim they have technicians everywhere in case you need any help with warranty service. The second we filled up the swim spa we had several leaks come from underneath it.

I emailed and called customer service and they got back to me 2 days later. They told me its normal to have leaks and we need to tighten a ends. We did tighten what they recommended but there were some other major leaks that we could not fix. I found a local technician as they could not locate one and had him come out ... he worked on the leaks for a few hours and then left. A few days later we filled up the swim spa and the leaks started from other locations. We had those fixed as well ... to make this short, we had the technician come out 4 different times to fix leaks and other issues we had with the jets. [continued below]....
..... The jets don't function the way they are supposed to, the electrical in the spa is very poor in quality, the materials being used are very poor in quality and you would expect such a product from Walmart with a $1000 price tag.

I conveyed all the issues to the company and i finally asked them to take it back as water in my town is very expensive (water restrictions) and its been costing me several thousand dollars to fill it up and empty it several times. Our main concern was that the spa was faulty and unsafe. Instead of trying to take it back they hire their attorney to write nasty emails on their behalf stating that all sales are final and they won't take it back. I own my own business and i stand behind any sales I provide. If we were to ever have any QC issues with our products we take it back immediately and we arrange freight and provide the customer with a new product. That's the least you would expect from a respectable company but that wasn't the case.
I would strongly advise you to be very careful and avoid this company like the black plague as they have the worst customer service, the worst follow up and most importantly the WORST Products possible ... beware buyers, save your money, save yourself the headache and stay away from the swimspa manufacturer, inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2011 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spa-Manufacturer-Inc/Clearwater-Florida-33760/Spa-Manufacturer-Inc-Swim-Spa-Manufacturer-Beware-Faulty-products-and-false-advertisin-781808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spa Manufacturer, Inc.

They made it right!

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

It was a case of Murphy's Law. Everything that could have gone wrong seemingly did. HOWEVER, these people bent over backwards to make it right. Delivery on a Sunday. Cell phone number for the General Manager. Allowing me to make a change AFTER delivery, even though it was my fault!

We love our hot tub and we feel so good about our decision to do business with Spa Manufacturers. Yes, we are VERY happy campers! Thanks guys!!

Crappy, non-service!

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

New hot tub was supposed to be delivered after 2:00pm. Promised a phone call to let us know they were coming. Called five times to see where they were. Never got a call back. Was told their set up guy was not answering his cell phone (probably left his phone in the truck). Gave up after waiting over 5 hours with no return phone calls. Guy finally showed up close to 8pm - again no phone call to let us know he was on the way. Talked to Sales Manager while he was at a Home Show that day and also called two different employees at their store. Was promised by all three a call back. Never came.
If this is their level of service when buying, can't imagine what kind of response we would get if we needed service.
Very unprofessional!!!

Great experience with Spa Manufacturer

AUTHOR: Chuck Brower - (United States of America)

I purchased a swim spa from Spa Manufacturer and it is everything that i expected.  Delivery went well, as I had my electrician pre-wire what would be needed.  I had a crane available for the delivery as was made aware to me in advance.  I saved a ton of money from buying elsewhere.  The swim spa works great and my wife and I have truly enjoyed it.  I called about getting some additional filters to have on hand and was greeted professionally and with great customer service.  I do not hesitate to recommend them for any consumer.

The rest of the story

AUTHOR: Joseph DiVito - (United States of America)

Spa Mnufacture, Inc. regrets the difficulty this customerexperienced.  We will not engage in a debate over the many false statements made in his posting.  We stand behind our products and our warranty.  We have never "ripped-off any customer". Customer service is our #1 priority which is why we have been in business for 30 years-same name and same location. When Mr. Gilbert EL-Asmer experience warranty issues, we responded by allowing him to engage a local technician of his choosing and we covered the cost.  After he threatened legal action, we worked through his lawyer to resolve all of his concerns and entered into a settlement agreement.  He accepted all terms and signed a release.