Complaint Review: Sparkle Clean

• Updated: Sat, November 16, 2013

• Reported By: unhappy customer — Spokane Washington
Sparkle Clean
Spokane, Washington USA

Sparkle Clean Fradulent activity, an actual scam, falsifying information Spokane Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard

This company is running a real scam and as of today 11/16/13 they have deals up on Groupon and Living Social. They came to our house at the specified time, threw a card on our front porch and then drove off. We watched them do it. Then they sent us the following email cut and pasted from my email.

We came out at the agreed upon appointment time today and got no answer at the door. Tried calling and it went directly to voicemail and said that your voicemail box has not been set up. At this point we've sent out two guys and a vehicle at a weekend rate and we would be operating at a loss if we rescheduled. Technically the rulse say forfeiture of voucher since you didn't give 24 hour cancellation notice, but I will authorize living social to give you a refund. If you'd still like to have us out we can let you buy directly at the same price you paid living social. That is the only way we would not lose money as living social takes a 50% commission.

Thanks, Jared

Btw I checked my phone and it is in perfect working order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2013 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sparkle-Clean/Spokane-Washington-99218/Sparkle-Clean-Fradulent-activity-an-actual-scam-falsifying-information-Spokane-Washingt-1099971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sparkle Clean

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard

AUTHOR: Sparkle Clean - ()

What possible justification could we have for doing something like that? We spent half an hour loading the truck, drove half an hour to your house then left without bothering to try to do the job, then spent another half hour driving back and another half an hour unloading is what you're saying? For what possible purpose? We rang your doorbell, waited a couple minutes, rang it again, waited a couple of minutes, we were unloading stuff off the truck, tried to reach you by phone while standing outside. Were you truly watching us as you say you would have seen me standing there trying to call you. If I hadn't tried to call how would I know that you have not set up your voicemail box? Your story doesn't even make sense. Your doorbell is loud enough that we could hear it from outside the house. We wasted time and money coming out to do the job, could not make contact with anyone inside the home and had to leave. Since you did not make yourself available at the agreed upon time we did not have to authorize Living Social to refund you, we could have asked that your voucher be forfeited. We were trying to be nice even though you cost us time and money. We even offered to honor the promotional pricing and allow you to buy direct and we would have rescheduled and come and done the job and broke even. The last time this happened, the customer apologized for not answering her door and thanked us for making that same offer and we went and did the work. I just don't see what your rationale is to make any of these claims, they're all baseless. You are now costing us more time and money because we have to respond to all of these false posts you are making and defend ourselves. I don't see any scam, ripoff, fraud or anything else