Complaint Review: SpeakWrite

SpeakWrite
6011 West Courtyard Dr #450 Austin, Texas United States of America

SpeakWrite Deceptive Business Practices Austin, Texas

*General Comment: SpeakWrite is a Great Company

This attorney owned company deliberately misclassifies its employees as 1099 when the 600 page rule book we are forced to work by violates every, single IRS rule.  We are forced to work for less than minimum wage without the benefit of insurance, vacation, overtime, etc.  We are paid improperly and the attorneys and government agencies we work for are billed for word counts that aren't right.  This attorney and his "wonder" team need to be held accountable for all the wrongdoings they are committing and getting away with.  Not only are they ripping off their employees, they are ripping off fellow attorneys they are providing these services for and government agencies.  But like most crooked attorneys, I'm sure he'll never be investigated or brought to justice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SpeakWrite/Austin-Texas-78730/SpeakWrite-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Austin-Texas-907599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SpeakWrite

#1 General Comment

SpeakWrite is a Great Company

AUTHOR: FreeSpirit - ()

I have been with SpeakWrite for over 8 years.  Everything you have said about SW is false.  They do nothing illegal and although yes, we do get paid "by the word" I have never been paid for an "inaccurate" word count.  For most people, including myself, when you first start doing jobs for SW, you won't make much money at all.  It took me about 4 months to "get the hang of it" and now I can say I easily make $12 to $15 an hour.  Not too shabby for working in my PJs every single day!!!  They do have strict guidelines that you have to adhere to as far as job formatting, etc., but that's what makes this company so great and that's why so many law firms use SW.  Perhaps SW is not for you -- but that doesn't mean they aren't a great company.  They are and I, for one, am very grateful that they exist!!!