Complaint Review: Special T Travel

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: DH — Sugar Land Texas United States of America
Special T Travel
5050 US Highway 17.92 Florida 32707 Casselberry, Florida United States of America

Special T Travel Casselberry FL Called mis-representing WYNNDHAM RESORTS offer travel award Called representing Wyndam, Florida

Received a call JAN 10, 2013 from a elderly gentleman Tom as a member affiliate of Wyndham Time share to receive a  special travel award for a week in Florida 3days 2 nights at 3 locations (Orlando then Daytona and finally Ft Lauderdale) for a  week including rental car. These  3 packages could be split up over  18 months and transferable to others. They mentioned from being from Texas that if I drove I would be awarded free 2 adult ticket packages to Disney world.They asked if I was a senior citizen and member of AAA or AARP.   I told them I was and they said great you get special  additional rewards that extend the 18 months to unlimited use and also included an additional  4 days 3 nights Vegas  award and suggested the Luxor in Las Vegas they  switched me to a special senior citizen representative that  expanded this  special  travel award and asked if interested.  I told them I was interested but asked  regarding their affiliation to Wyndham. They  requested payment information for $199 pending approval and transfer to certification department requiring  explanation and recording before acceptance.  I was told after the recorded call I would be asked to accept offer and would be given a confirmation number and after 72 hours could access these benefits by calling  407-896-8680 or 800-861-0854.  I would  receive details n the mail and have a 30 day  money back guarntee. I was transferred to this department that  read me the details and recapped the specifics under recording. I was asked if I accepted the terms and conditiions.  I asked how they got my number  and knew I was a Wyndham time share holder.  I refused to agree under recording to any of the terms  or conditions and asked  to not participate as I looked on line and did not see any representation to Wyndham Worldwide  and thought they were mis representing Wyndham time share holders and senior citizen members of AARP.  All the on line complaints showed F BBB ratings and fraud.  I was transferred a 4th person a high pressure  closing manager that asked me to reconsider and said I was under no obligation and that they kind of worked with Wyndham.   I told them i was not interested and did not agree to any of the terms or conditions and asked for all this to be cancelled.  He said try it for 30 days to review again and  I said NO NOT interested.  They agreed to cancel the transaction and did NOT give me aSpecial T number.  I have received no information by phone or mail in the last 2 weeks and thought all was over.  I receiveda master card statement today with the $199 charge and called master card to dispute and cancelled the  card.  They are NOT TO BE TRUSTED and do not stand behind their  word. I said NO and  agreed to nothing as  their adio recordings will verify.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Special-T-Travel/Casselberry-Florida-32707/Special-T-Travel-Casselberry-FL-Called-mis-representing-WYNNDHAM-RESORTS-offer-travel-aw-1001563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Special T Travel