breathing

• Phone: 800-576 1640
  • Web:
  • Category: Auctions

Specialty Auto Network/Catherine Lost me $10,000 Omaha, Nebraska

The company contacted me to assist in selling a truck I had listed on Autotrader.com with the usual schpiel, "There is a demand for your truck.  We can sell it for at least your asking price if not more," blah blah blah.  In spite of my better judgment, I hired Specialty Auto Network to auction my truck on e-bay and paid them a $270 fee to do so.

After they processed my payment, several days later I got a phone call telling me that they could not put my car up for auction due to the Toyota recall issues -- that e-bay would not allow it.  I asked them why they specifically solicited my business if they knew they couldn't sell the truck on e-bay?

Shortly after they went ahead and put up the auction.  Because I wanted to only deal with Specialty Network, and I was tired of dealing with individual buyers, I left a greeting on my answering machine saying that the truck was no longer available.

I did end up receiving a good offer, for $10,000, for the truck.  However, when Catherine called to let me know about the offer, she ended up rejecting the offer based upon my answering machine message.  She rejected the offer without speaking with me directly and as such I lost the offer.  As soon as I received he message, I'd say within several hours, I phoned her back and e-mailed her saying that I wanted to accept the offer, but as she had already rejected it, there was nothing she could do.

They offered to run a second auction for me for free and I although I felt they were liable for the $10,000 loss, I just hoped I would get another offer which would rectify the situation.  They second auction came and went without a reasonable offer at which point I requested that due to the $10,000 loss, I would like a third auction.

Please note, I did not request a refund for the fees I paid or reimbursement for the lost offer, I simply requested a third auction.  They refused.  They had no desire to leave me being a satisfied customer or a simple human empathy.  They had their fee, why should they do more work?

Not only have I lost the $300 I paid to Specialty Auto Network, I lost a $10,000 offer, and am continuing to make payments on the car.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2010 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Specialty-Auto-NetworkCatherine/Omaha-Nebraska-/Specialty-Auto-NetworkCatherine-Lost-me-10000-Omaha-Nebraska-584054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Specialty Auto Network/Catherine