Complaint Review: Speed Auto Sales

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: Webher — Phoenix Arizona
Speed Auto Sales
5746 N. 7th Street Phoenix AZ 85014 Phoenix, Arizona USA

Speed Auto Sales Auto Dealership Scams $300 for car repair of their car from customer. Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: This guy is wrong

*Author of original report: Apparently the Rebutter Does not know Arizona LAW

*Author of original report: Arizona Company Must Follow Arizona LAW

*Consumer Comment: Not a scam

I went to look at a Audi A6 this dealership had advertised.  I said I was interested and the salesman Andy told me I had to put down a deposit to hold.  I gave them $300 and inspected the car again right before the dealership closed and I left their premises.  On my way home I changed my mind because I did not feel comfortable about the purchase and the items that were broken that I pointed out before I left even though they said they would fix them.  I called the dealership within 15minutes of leaving and got an answering machine.  I left a message taht I was not interested in purchasing the car and would like a refund of my $300.

The next morning I called and spoke to Andy the salesman regarding my decision to cancel.  He told me that the owner Tim does not have to refund and i am responsible for the repairs that the made to the car that I was interested in purchasing.  I told him that I would contact the BBB and AG and any other media to complain.  He told me go ahead There is nothing you can do to get that money back and they hung up the phone.

We did not have a have any type of contract to repair or even buy the car in question so how could I be responsible for the repairs or to even purchase a car?  Also I requested a refund within fifteen minutes of leaving the dealership and approximately 14hours later in the morning when they opened there business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Speed-Auto-Sales/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/Speed-Auto-Sales-Auto-Dealership-Scams-300-for-car-repair-of-their-car-from-customer-Ph-1083986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Speed Auto Sales

This guy is wrong

AUTHOR: Esq 77 - ()

He makes no sense ,he's wrong completely I've have worked for a number of car dealerships and when you leave a deposit for repairs of a car it would never be refund.

Apparently the Rebutter Does not know Arizona LAW

AUTHOR: Webher - ()

Really your going to rebutt that a person cannot change there mind about a purchase of goods in the state of Arizona.  Within 15 minutes?  Your severely mistaken  Learn how commerce works here before you put your foot in your mouth like you just did.  It called buyers remorse the guy did not want to buy a lemon.  There are laws regarding buyers remorse look it up and remember the law in Arizona. And stop trying to decieve people Speed Auto Sales IS A SCAM.

Arizona Company Must Follow Arizona LAW

AUTHOR: Webher - ()

If this company Speed Auto Sales of Phoenix Arizona on 7th street thinks they can work outside of Arizona laws they need to think twice.  The Arizona Attorney General should shut this company down and they should loose their dealership license.

If a customer changes his mind because he is in fear of the number of mechanical issues with the vehicle and does it within 15 mins of making a decision, according to Arizona law this company or any company that operates a retail business legitimately in the State of Arizona must comply with these rules and regulations and refund the customers money.  Speed Auto Sales is should not be any different than every legitmate retail company in Arizona.

We will see who will be the winner of this decision.  Thus far Speed Auto Sales has demonstrated that they do not give a d**n about their Better Business Bureua rating, because of this incident their rating has changed from an A- to a B.  and as of the last week the owner of Speed Auto Sales told this particular client to go F themselves.

Not a scam

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"We did not have a have any type of contract to repair or even buy the car in question"

You contradicted yourself. You wrote, "Andy told me I had to put down a deposit to hold.  I gave them $300"

You had a verbal agreement that they would hold the car if you put down a deposit. They honored the agreement; therefore, you were not scammed.

"This business is deceiving and defrauding the public and needs to be investigated."

You changed your mind. You are the party that failed to honor a purchase agreement. Changing your mind fifteen minutes or fourteen hours later does not change the agreement. There is nothing in your report that indicates they were deceptive.