• Submitted: Mon, August 18, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, August 18, 2014

• Reported By: woodi H — Smyrna Georgia
2625 South Cobb Drive Smyrna, Georgia USA

SPEEDEMISSIONS INC Made a 3 cyl engine of my 6 cyl Engine. Took my money to practice auto repairs and failed miserably. Smyrna Georgia

SPEEDEMISSIONS Inc. 2625 South Cobb DR. Smyrna Ga, an emissions inspection and vehicle repair business stuck it to me and put me to walking. They failed to properly install a new timing belt on my 97 Dodge Caravan 3.0 liter engine. They then failed to reinstall it correctly when I returned van and called attention to 3 rear cylinders not operating.  Drivability was poor and dangerous.

Worse! They finally declared my “Interference Engine” had self-destructed by the old broken belt but they had properly installed the new belt. I would need major engine work. They made no simple tests to verify their judgment and left me broke and out the door with a van still needing repairs. They refused further work or a refund.

Later tests prove the rear cylinders and valves are undamaged. The Dodge 6g72 engine is not of a type called “interference” anyway and this is public knowledge. This information was transmitted to their Corporate HQ in a request for reconsideration but was brushed off as of no value and responded their mechanics were right.

Beware - this outfit doesn’t stand behind their work. Reckon that doesn’t matter much if they can’t repair anything anyway. So far I've lost use of my van for 10 months.

They did make a 3 cylinder engine out of a 6 cylinder engine. Beware! Don't be next!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2014 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPEEDEMISSIONS-INC/Smyrna-Georgia-30080/SPEEDEMISSIONS-INC-Made-a-3-cyl-engine-of-my-6-cyl-Engine-Took-my-money-to-practice-auto-1170459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPEEDEMISSIONS INC