• Report: #19089

• Submitted: Thu, April 18, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, April 18, 2002

• Reported By:Park Forest IL
Speedway Gas Station
22300 Governors Hwy Richtion Park, Illinois U.S.A.

Speedway Gas Station ripoff Richtion Park Illinois

I used to buy gas and cigarettes at Speedway Gas Station. I pay in the form of my bank debit card (check cashing card). I noticed one day that they were over charging me. My receipts were not the same as what they were taking out of my account.

For example: I purchased a pack of cigarettes. The total on the receipt was $4.15. The total that should have been deducted from my account (according to the receipt) was $4.15. But when I called the bank they said Speedway deducted $5.00.

There was another time I purchased $5.00 worth of gas. Again, my receipt showed a total purchase price of $5.00. But when I called my bank they said Speedway deducted $8.00.

When I called the store to complain they claim they didn't do it. The cashier was rude, ignorant and hung up on me. I have bank statements and their receipts to back my story. I am taking this up with their corporate office.

But it just makes me wonder how many times they did this before and I didn't catch it.

Kimberly
Richton Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2002 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Speedway-Gas-Station/Richtion-Park-Illinois-60471/Speedway-Gas-Station-ripoff-Richtion-Park-Illinois-19089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Speedway Gas Station