qualified

• Updated: Sat, January 04, 2014

• Reported By: A Gould — New Brunswick New Jersey
Speedy Books
28650 Northline Road Romulus, Michigan USA

Speedy Books biblio.com Shipped late, refused to refund after return Romulus Michigan

I’ve bought many things online, and this is the only business I have ever been ripped off by.

• I ordered a guidebook in plenty of time for an upcoming trip, AND noted in the comments field that it was needed by a certain date, but they didn’t ship it until 11 days later, AFTER I contacted them because I hadn’t received it.
  • The book did not arrive in time, and when it did arrive the inadequate packaging was ripped and half the cover exposed.  (Fortunately the book was not damaged.)
  • USPS regulations guarantee the consumer the right to refuse shipments of merchandise, but when I contacted them to arrange a return they tried to make this difficult by telling me I was required to return the book at my own expense to a different location.
  •  I instead used Return to Sender, as was my right.  I wrote their RMA number on the envelope, taped the damaged envelope securely, and emailed them telling them to expect it at the original location.
  • I never received a refund.  When I followed up with them repeatedly by email, they never responded. And by this time it was too late to dispute the credit card payment.  They got their book back and kept my money.

I had been giving them the benefit of the doubt, but the other report on this seller on Ripoff Reports details exactly the same scenario, so I’m beginning to suspect that they are systematic ripoff artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2014 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Speedy-Books/Romulus-Michigan-48174/Speedy-Books-bibliocom-Shipped-late-refused-to-refund-after-return-Romulus-Michigan-1112958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Speedy Books