Complaint Review: Spinnaker Resorts

• Submitted: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, November 29, 2009

• Reported By:Martinsville Indiana
Spinnaker Resorts
1707 Orlando Central Parkway, Suite 480 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 407-7450630
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Spinnaker Resorts CLASSIC BAIT AND SWITCH! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SPINNAKER! Orlando Florida Resort Is In Hilton Head South Carolina

*Author of original report: Please do NOT do business with Spinnaker

* : ALL CALLS ARE RECORDED THROUGH AUTO DIALER

*Author of original report: Back from my "dream" vacation

We were contacted by Spinnaker to see a timeshare in Hilton Head. For us going to the timeshare, we get a "package" including a 4 night stay for $199. From experience, I knew that they would put us up in a shabby hotel and then when we saw the resort we would be in awe. I told "James Taylor" and "Carter Pishotta" that I wanted to stay at the Players Club RESORT. They both said, "yes, you will stay in the Players Club RESORT". The closing manager gets on line and then my conversation is recorded. He asks me many, many...many questions very quickly. In the middle of the questions, he says, "so you are staying at the Players Club HOTEL". I said, "yes". That is where the problem is. My conversation with the sales reps were not recorded. I did say "yes" to the hotel. Management and supervisors will not help me, because from their point of view I did say "yes" to the hotel. One manager, "Anita", did not dispute that I was tricked. However, she still would not help me. The reason the names are both "players club" is so that you can be tricked. The hotels that Spinnaker set you up in are dirty, ran-down, unfriendly, and just plain gross. It is not worth $50 a night. Just book your own hotel and bypass the timeshare crap. If you do go the timeshare route, be very careful when dealing with these people. They are professional sales people who know how to AND WILL trick you. Better yet, DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM! I have put in several calls to supervisors and have sent several emails. No one has contacted me.

Stephanie
Martinsville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2009 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spinnaker-Resorts/Orlando-Florida-32809/Spinnaker-Resorts-CLASSIC-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-DO-NOT-DO-BUSINESS-WITH-SPINNAKER-Orlando-Flo-473262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spinnaker Resorts

Please do NOT do business with Spinnaker

AUTHOR: Stephanie m indiana - (U.S.A.)

It is true that I agreed to stay in the "hotel" after a series of rapidly asked questions.  It was a trick.

I wrote all the names down of people that I spoke to, there was NO mistake.  If you look at all of the Spinnaker Ripoff Reports, I'm obviously not the only one that has been misled by the company.

Since we paid for the vacation, we went.  The hotel wasn't that bad and the hotel staff was great.  Spinnaker staff, of course, could not do anything to help our situation (and that was face to face-I have all those names, too!).

I'm kind-of surprised that it was a "manager" who responded with a rebuttal.  I thought that managers needed to be educated.  Please learn to spell!

I will NEVER do business with Spinnaker again.  I AM on the National Do Not Call List.  However, since I am a past customer they keep calling.  Buyers beware.

#2

ALL CALLS ARE RECORDED THROUGH AUTO DIALER

AUTHOR: carter - (USA)

Allthough I no longer work for Spinnaker Resorts I can assuer you that they are compliance oriented.I am mentioned in this report as being deceptive.NOT SO!! On that call as ALL calls I clearly state "you will stay @ Players Club reort hotel in standard hotel accomodations With one king or two double beds. Mini frig & coffee maker" THIS IS ON RECORDING and can be produced by entering the phone number they were contacted on. Just because you do not like your accomodations does not mean you were baited and then switched. Once again, ALL CALLS are recorded from start to finish.This person should take responsibilty for what they purchased and not blame me.There was no manager named Anita at our call center.No manager,myself included would have agreed that this person was "tricked" in fact what would have happend is she would have been asked for her telephone number and that RECORDED CALL would have been played back through Strata Dial which is an automatic dialer which RECORDS EVERY CALL. Not just the verfication end of it. If this person infact was told differantly they would have been refunded. Me as the manager on duty would have been repromanded. Also, the reason we give our name is for situations like this.Any other manager she spoke with would have referred her back to me since I was the one who secured that sale. This lady made an impulsive purchace and then was unhappy with her decision.NOT MY FALT!!! I pride my self on being upfront with customers and this is backed up ON RECORDING.Stephanie, If you want an apology it is not going to happen.You made the decision. I recomend putting your self on the national DO NOT CALL list.

Back from my "dream" vacation

AUTHOR: Stephanie m indiana - (U.S.A.)

First things first-the player's club hotel wasn't that bad. It was your typical hotel room. The staff was friendly, the pool was great, and the bugs weren't that big. I was upset because we were promised the resort (which really isn't nicer, just bigger). We went to our timeshare presentation. The 90 minutes turned into 3 1/2 hours! When we said "no", the pressure started. My husband had to say, "I don't like your aggression, please stop it"! Our salesman did calm down. In Hilton Head, I spoke to many people from many levels at Spinnaker concerning the bait and switch. Every person believed that it happened, but would not do anything to correct the deception. I do not trust Spinnaker, so we did not buy the timeshare (among other reasons). IF YOU DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING THAT IS PROMISED. By the way, Hilton Head Island is beautiful.