Knife

• Reported By: Shawn — Arvada Colorado
Spirit airlines
Denver, Colorado USA

Spirit airlines 6 hour delay and too many extra fees! Denver Colorado

*General Comment: Spirit Airlines is a Great airline!

Just returned from a r t to Vegas. The flight out was 6 hours delayed. All that was offered was a $7 food voucher. A bigger airline would have gotten a plane to use sooner. Watch for the baggage fees. We paid an extra $120 in fees we were not expecting. The free carry on size is smaller than most airlines. The want to charge you $100.00 to check it at the gate. What a rip off ! We ended up calling the main number, waiting on hold over 5 minutes and just got on. The bag fee if your able to do this was $40. Water was $3 . If they help you when you check in, yes, that's a charge too ! I found the whole thing a joke. The k mart of airlines ! Your just asking for trouble if you fly Spirit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-airlines/Denver-Colorado-80002/Spirit-airlines-6-hour-delay-and-too-many-extra-fees-Denver-Colorado-1095349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit airlines

#1 General Comment

Spirit Airlines is a Great airline!

AUTHOR: maggiephelp - ()

In response to your report about fees, let me explain what I learned about all this. The fees are not what you make them out to be or the orther people who complain about them. I have learned that people don't read or take advantage of Spirit's offers which is the customer's fault entirely. I took advantage of the offers like the $9 Fare Club and saved 55 % on my bags which only cost me $20. Then I joined the World Mastercard and used that card to get double my miles plus since they don't expire I can build them up to use for flights during the following year. When I hear people cmplain about fees , I figure they must have not read or taken advantage of these offers . Finally, never book your ticket through sites like Expedia or Travelocity because they don't offer these savings. If you book through Spirit.com you will not only save the other web site fees but you can print out coupons to save up to $24 on each flight . Right now I travel rountrip from Las Vegas to Minneapolis for less than $30 plus $20 equaling about $50. Even if I pay for the $3 bottle of water I still make out big time. So my advice is to stop complaining and start enjoying these benfits before they go away.