Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Reported By: Freqent_trvlr — Miami Florida United States of America
Spirit Airlines
internet, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlines STAY AWAY COMPLETE RIPOFF internet, Florida

So I planned a trip to DOminican Republic and while searching for a good air fare I stumbled onto Spirit airlines. They offered a ROUND TRIP ticket from Fort Lauderdale to Sto. DOmingo for about $350 about $80 dollars less than American Airlines from Miami, boy was I in for a big surprise.

When I arrived at the Airport  I found out that each bag you check in is $44 ($25 on AA), a backpack is free to bring in with you, but if you a small roll away carry on bag, that is not free it is an extra $25. On the way back I found out that Spirit only allows you to check in a bag of no more than 40 pounds (most airlines allow you 25 Kg or about 50 lbs) I was over 1 punt and I was charged $25. All in all I ended up paying wayyyy more than if I had gone on American Airlines from Miami even with the bags included.

The aircraft was filthy my seat did not recline, the stitches were tearing in the sit in front of me, not even an used magazine to read and not even water for free.

Please stay away from this airline, it's like a GREYHOUND bus with wings, I think Greyhound has better service. This airline is a ripoff service is horrible, the planes are uncomfortable and dirty and you really do not save a penny, they are liars. Please do not even attempt flying this ridiculous airlines.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/internet-Florida-/Spirit-Airlines-STAY-AWAY-COMPLETE-RIPOFF-internet-Florida-855703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines