Complaint Review: spirit airlines

• Submitted: Mon, October 31, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, October 31, 2011

• Reported By: Don — Detroit Michigan U.S.A.
spirit airlines

spirit airlines highway robbery Internet

I bought a two way ticket to travel on Spirit Airlines from New York the Virgin Islands. I missed the flight because of a snow storm. I contacted the Airline immediately to inform them I would not make the flight and would like to make arrangements to find another flight. After much waiting I was informed that I was a no-show and my reservation had been cancelled. I was quite upset but I decided that I would just buy a one way ticket on a different airline because I was attending a very important function and I would use Spirit Airline to return. Since I had bought a two way ticket I assumed that my return leg was still confirmed. I called Spirit Airline for confirmation and to my amazement they told me that since I had not boarded the outbound leg then the return leg was automatically cancelled. How on earth can this be fair? I realize that despite the circumstances I am at fault for missing the outbound flight but the return flight was not until two weeks later! So basically Spirit Airline just pocketed my $572.00 hard earned money and left me high and dry. I had to find money from somewhere to buy another two way ticket. This cannot be fair and this policy should be abolished. I will never fly this Airline again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2011 03:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/spirit-airlines/internet/spirit-airlines-highway-robbery-Internet-793760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on spirit airlines