Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Mon, June 13, 2011

• Reported By: Aleydita — Vienna Virginia United States of America
Spirit Airlines
Miramar, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlines Spirit Airlines charges my credit card without authorization Miramar, Florida

In 2010 I enrolled in Spirit Airlines $9 Club membership by paying $39.95.  I never used the membership because the flights they have from my city are extremely limited.  I called at the beginning of 2011 and cancel the membership.   To my surprise my last credit card showed a charge of $59.95 from Spirit Airlines.  I immediately called Spirit and after waiting for one hour and fifteen minutes a rude agent answered and told me the money was not refundable.  I asked to talk to a supervisor.  A supervisor named Colin who told me they would not refund the money and that they did not have a record of my phone call.  I explained to Colin that after I canceled the membership at the beginning of the year any emails from Spirit went to my junk mail box.  After I said this, he said "oh, but we did inform you in April that your membership was about to expire and you could have cancel it then".

I asked Colin to stay with me on the phone and walk me through the cancellation to make absolutely sure it was canceled.  He did.  He said it was canceled but reiterated that they will not refund any money.  I know this is a scam, because I canceled this membership months ago.

Aleydita, Vienna, VA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2011 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida-/Spirit-Airlines-Spirit-Airlines-charges-my-credit-card-without-authorization-Miramar-Flo-740133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines