Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Reported By: wvnurse — Ansted West Virginia
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida USA

Spirit Airlines 9.99 club, Avoid at all cost Miramar Florida

I joined the 9.99 Club for 2 months and when I read the fine print I called to cancel the automatic annual billing as Spirit does not service my area after the summer months. I was told to enjoy the discount this summer and that I would not be billed. There were NO 9.99 fares available and just before the 2 month trial was up I was billed 59.95. I immeideatly called Spirit, waited for customer service over 30 minutes and was told since it had billed I would not be given a refund.  There was no advance email regarding the billing but I do receive several emails a week about special fares that do not exist.

I asked for a supervisor and was told that there were none available. This is a scam if ever there was one. Sure the flights are cheap if you can find one but you get what you pay for and this airlines offers nothing but fees upon fees. Stay away!

I have filled a complaint with our attorney general's office and better business bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2014 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlines-999-club-Avoid-at-all-cost-Miramar-Florida-1158441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines