Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Sun, July 14, 2013

• Reported By: Gerald — Oakland California
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlines Spirit $9 Fare Club, Free Spirit Warning Spirit Airlines is a SCAM. Charges $59.95 for BOGUS Club membership Miramar, Florida

Do NOT buy "$9 Club" membership from Spirit!! Like everything else about this airline, it is a SCAM!

I made the mistake of paying $59.95 for a 1 year membership which is supposed to give me discount flights for the "$9 fare club" flights, but as I discovered months later, even if you manage to locate a rare flight that you can use your discount on, THEIR SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK!!

Their system simply asks me to PURCHASE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP for $59.95 ALL OVER AGAIN as though I never purchased it 5 months ago!

Attempting to call their customer service is useless. They have a different 800 number for everything and it is ALL PRERECORDED GARBAGE with no customer service to talk to!  Right now I am on the phone for 56 minutes and counting and there is STILL NO ONE AROUND TO ANSWER THE CALL - which is good I guess because it gives me time to create this report. [continued below]....

On a slightly different topic: The only time I was ever able to reach the customer support for these crooks was about another incident MONTHS AGO when they had ripped me off by GIVING AWAY MY SEAT and I had to buy another ticket from Southwest because the morons at Spirit Airlines don't have any customer service at the Oakland airport in the San Francisco bay area and I had no idea when their next flight was. The a$$hole at the call center in India wouldn't tell me anything and simply told me to "wait at the airport"...hours went by and when I asked for a manager at their call center, the manager mockingly told me to just take another flight and forget about it.

Believe me Spirit is not worth it. You will waste more time dealing with all the ripoffs and mistakes of these a$$holes than the fair difference is worth...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2013 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlines-Spirit-9-Fare-Club-Free-Spirit-Warning-Spirit-Airlines-is-a-SCAM-Charge-1043066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines