Complaint Review: spirit airlines

• Updated: Tue, March 01, 2011

• Reported By: peter connelly — Pearl River New York United States of America
spirit airlines
P.O.box880 wilmingtonInternet, Delaware United States of America

spirit airlines they overcharged me for an flight and misrepresented the cost wilmingtonInternet, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: INCOMPLETE REPORT

Spirit airlines advertised my a flight from Atlantic City to Fort Myers  for $ 49.00 I  bought the ticket and was told that I would get a 10 % discount if I took there credit card at no charge.
  I received a bill for $ 533.00 for the flight and was charged $ 39.00 for the credit card which I immediately cancelled.
  I am refusing to pay this misrepresented price

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2011 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/spirit-airlines/wilmingtonInternet-Delaware-19899-9725/spirit-airlines-they-overcharged-me-for-an-flight-and-misrepresented-the-cost-wilmington-700739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on spirit airlines

INCOMPLETE REPORT

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

When you make a reservation and pay for a ticket you recieve a confirmation email. What did the email say? Why did you "recieve a bill?" The report is incomplete. Why not tell us where you got the $49 fare and why you were billed for $533. I don't travel on Sprit but I assume that you make reservations , pay for a ticket and receive a confirmation like you do on all other airlines. This ROR tells me nothing. Where are the details?