Complaint Review: Spirit Incentives & SilverLeaf Resorts

• Submitted: Mon, January 05, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Newnan Georgia
Spirit Incentives & SilverLeaf Resorts
2455 E Sunrise Blvd, Suite Mezzanine Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 954-525-1777
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Spirit Incentives & SilverLeaf Resorts Deceptive Offers & Exagerated Taxes Ft. Lauderdale Florida

My wife and I were asked to attend a Time Share Lecture in N. Georgia. We did only for the "Free" stuff that they spoke of constantly. Knowing what to expect our expectations were low of this event but we didnt have anything else planned for that day.

We were informed we would recieve $40 to reimburse us for our gas. This wasnt exactly true. We would recieve a voucher that we would have to mail in. Once mailed we would recieve in 30 days 4 $10 coupons for gasoline. You are not allowed to use more than one coupon per month or they automatically get voided. I just wanted my two $20 bills! They throw up so much red tape that you get frustrated and quit their game.

Additionally they gave us a FREE!!!! cruise. (except it cost $179 per person) for "Taxes & Fees". When we sent in our paperwork for this cruise we recieved a bill in the mail about 30 days later. The bill was for $358 for Taxes and Fees. According to Hotwire or Expedia or any other travel site. The Taxes and Fees for a 4 night cruise is around $77 for two people leaving out of Jacksonville, FL. I called and asked Sprit Incentives "oh so friendly" customer service scumbags and asked for a breakdown of how they come up with the dollar value of the "Taxes and Fees". They told me I was not allowed to know that sort of information, of course what was I thinking?!? I was only the on PAYING FOR IT! My wife and I are debating on whether to send the $358 check and continue with this fiasco or to xerox my A** and mail that to them instead of a check.

Either way Spirit wins, they either get your money or they get you to leave. There is no FREE cruise and therefore I am prusuing charges of Fraud and Disception against this company.

Silverleaf resorts is just as much to blame as they might as well make one of thier "Free gifts" a bag of Sh*t. Hey it is free and it is a gift from them to you, right? Another "Free gift" is a trip to Hawaii. We will see where that goes, my expectations are currently very low.

In a nutshell if you are invited to go on a Timeshare presentation do it. Waste their time and be a p***k. Act extreemely interested to get the highschool dropout salesperson excited and then pull the plug. They dont care about you at all they just want your money. Check ebay first. You can usually buy the same deal they are selling whether it be silverleaf or wyndam for about 1/12 of the price that they are going to try to sell it to you for. The resale of timeshares sucks. Do your homework first then let the clowns try to entertain you for 90 minutes - 3 hours.

Tim
Newnan, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2009 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Incentives-SilverLeaf-Resorts/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33304/Spirit-Incentives-SilverLeaf-Resorts-Deceptive-Offers-Exagerated-Taxes-Ft-Lauderdale-408092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Incentives & SilverLeaf Resorts