- Report: #1060696
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Spirit Incentives
Spirit Incentives2455 East Sunrise Boulevard, Suite 150 Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA
Spirit Incentives Their Lack of Communication Led to My Lack of Money and Vacation Fort Lauderdale Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Never received the "free" cruise I paid over $545 for.
1. I received a "free" cruise from Bluegreen Nat'l Sales and Marketing that was run through Spirit Incentives. We were told we would have a $100 deposit and then would have to pay maybe up to $100 in taxes and fees per person. Well, we paid the $100 deposit on 11/01/12. Then we called to pay the $545.54 in taxes and fees for two people, which was $300 more than the "about $100/person" we were told it would be. We set up the cruise for early June. Then, we realized we would have to change the date to mid-June due to our son's graduation, so we paid a $75 change fee. All in all, we paid $720.54 for this "free cruise". Here it is, June 5, the cruise leaves on June 17, and we have no paperwork whatsoever about the cruise. Even if we did, we could not go, as I had to have unexpected leg surgery in March 2013, which took up all of my sick/vacation days, and my husband has to have surgery on his back in mid-June, which (a) conflicts with the trip and (b) will take the rest of his sick/vacation days. I have tried and tried to call Spirit Incentives to see about a refund, but I cannot get through to them. I don't care so much about the $100 deposit made on 11/01/12 because I know it was non-refundable. I would however, like the other $620.54 back asap, as we could really use it with all of the medical bills we are amassing. The $545.54 was paid on 11/29/12. I don't remember how the other $75 for the change fee was paid. If we could please get a refund, it would be greatly appreciated. As it is, I know several friends and family members who have received "free" cruise certificates through this same program, and I have told all of them not to use them unless this is resolved. Thank you.
2. On June 14, I finally got ahold of them after two months of trying. It was the first time I didn't ave to wait on hold for at least half an hour before I gave up. I asked them why I never got documents from the cruise line. They said they were all online and my travel confirmation they emailed to me said that. The only emails I ever got from them were just receipts of how much I paid. I never got a travel confirmation. It didn't go to spam either because I check that folder daily. I found their website today that has a login and saw it only because she told me it was ww.mystpage.com. how the heck was I supposed to know that if they wouldn't answer a call for months??? Now she says it is too close to booking and they won't refund anything. Because they won't answer a phone, I'm out over $700 for nothing??? I call that theft. Thank you.
3. On June 20, I received a response from Spirit Incentives through the BBB case I filed saying that they do not issue refunds and would be closing the case. They didn't even have my name right in the message! It wasn't just spelled wrong -- it was nothing like it. I urge anyone who receives anything from this company to run, and run fast. As I started with, I never received the "free" cruise I paid over $545 for.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Incentives/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33304/Spirit-Incentives-Their-Lack-of-Communication-Led-to-My-Lack-of-Money-and-Vacation-Fort-1060696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.