Complaint Review: Sport Horses Of Rohan, Purple Sport Horses Of Rohan, Jump That Horse, Valpo Sport Horses

• Submitted: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 19, 2009

• Reported By:Valparaiso Indiana
200 East Us Hwy 6 Valparaiso, Indiana U.S.A.

Melinda Routh, Sport Horses Of Rohan Sport Horses Of Rohan, Purple Sport Horses Of Rohan, Jump That Horse, Valpo Sport Horses Endangering kids on horseback Valparaiso Indiana

*Consumer Comment: All posts are true and fact!!

*UPDATE Employee: Tonya keeps posting, we keep saying not true!

I think all parents should know exactly what goes on at her barn! I cannot believe someone can lie about their experience with horses and get away with it. I hope and pray that no one gets hurt there.
Drinking was an all day thing there and so many know this! I hope parents do their homework and see her for what she is. She takes advantage of the parents and kids.
She lies about people when they leave to try and save her self. She yells at the kids and puts inexperienced riders on green horses. Once the parents start to learn about the horse business and see how things should really be they leave.
There are lots of great safe trainers and barns out there but this is not one of them!

Another concerned horse mom
Valparaiso, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sport-Horses-Of-Rohan-Purple-Sport-Horses-Of-Rohan-Jump-That-Horse-Valpo-Sport-Horses/Valparaiso-Indiana-46383/Melinda-Routh-Sport-Horses-Of-Rohan-Sport-Horses-Of-Rohan-Purple-Sport-Horses-Of-Rohan-434727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sport Horses Of Rohan, Purple Sport Horses Of Rohan, Jump That Horse, Valpo Sport Horses

All posts are true and fact!!

AUTHOR: Kimee J - (U.S.A.)

I know that "Sport Horses Of Rohan" wants to blame an unhappy ex-boarder for all of the posts against Melinda Routh and her business. I am not only the mother of a child that was put in danger but I am an equine professional. I was witness to her lack of "expertise" and very unsafe practices not only with horses but with children and adults. I pulled my daughter out of her program shortly after she was allowed to jump a 2 ft course after only a few weeks of lessons. The numbers are piling up of the parents whose kids were once a student of Rohan that, due to unsafe conditions, were taken out and are now with safe knowledgable trainers. As a person I am sure Melinda is very nice, but as an equine professional she lacks the skills required to teach people to ride and jump.

Tonya keeps posting, we keep saying not true!

AUTHOR: Tiffany Rounds And Joyce Rounds - (U.S.A.)

Boy Tonya has a lot of time on her hands!

I am an employee of SHOR and have yet to see any of this information reported be true. Melinda has been helpful and kind to myself and my family. I have sat in on her lessons with the kids and found her to be very knowledgeable and very safe! I have gone with her and the kids to horse shows where the kids were always kept safe and had a ton of fun. I am there every day cleaning stalls watering the horses and keeping the barn clean. Her horses are EXTREMELY well taken care of and their safety and the safety of any rider in the barn comes first and foremost! I feel the person who wrote this is upset at being asked to leave the barn with her horse because of her poor attitude and bad decision making. These things that she said about Melinda are terrible and untrue and it's obvious that she was afraid to post her REAL name because these accusations are false and slanderous. I however am not afraid to post my name and the name of my mother who a lot of horse people know and she keeps her horse at SHOR knowing that he will be well taken care of. I invite anyone to come and check out the barn or come to the open house to see what a great and friendly family type atmosphere we have. I'm proud to work there!

Tiffany Rounds