Complaint Review: Sport&Health Stafford, VA

• Updated: Thu, January 23, 2014

• Reported By: StaffordResident — Stafford Virginia
Sport&Health Stafford, VA
315 Garrisonville Rd Stafford, Virginia USA

Sport&Health Stafford, Virginia; Will Not Reverse Unauthorized Charges Stafford Virginia

I visited Sport & Health of Stafford, VA with my friend (David) in April 2013. At that time I agreed to pay for only the first month of David's gym membership there, which I clearly stated to the individual processing my credit card payment. I therefore swiped my credit card to pay for David's first month. In December I learned that Sport & Health had been charging my card the entire time for my friend's membership, which I did not agree to at any time. I never use this particular credit card and therefore hadn't noticed the charges being run against it by Sport & Health. The interest and late fees were run up through the roof. When I called to have Sport & Health reverse the charges they told me it was my responsibility to get my friend to pay. I told them it was their job to invoice/collect from their clients and I asked them to show me an agreement with my signature on it allowing them to charge my card all those times. They told me they don't have any such agreement with my signature on it - but they do have a contract with David's signature on it. They refuse to reverse the charges.

Do not deal with this company if you can avoid it. I told them I plan to cancel my membership I've had with them for over a year with my wife. We pay almost $100 a month to these ridiculous people. Their General Manager told me I'm free to cancel if I choose, but I'm not getting my money back. This is bad customer service and refusal to resolve an isssue fairly with a good customer. It's just bad business all around.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2014 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SportHealth-Stafford-VA/Stafford-Virginia-22554/SportampHealth-Stafford-Virginia-Will-Not-Reverse-Unauthorized-Charges-Stafford-Virgi-1117973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sport&Health Stafford, VA