Complaint Review: Sportsman's Guide

• Updated: Tue, November 12, 2013

• Reported By: Bill — Osawatomie Kansas
Sportsman's Guide
411 Farwell Ave, St. Pau, Minnesota USA

Sportsman's Guide They may the mistake and make you pay for it! St. Paul Minnesota

*Author of original report: It got worse!

*UPDATE Employee: Incorrect Item Received

I received the wrong merchandise and arranged to have the correct product shipped to me.  However they insisted I take the incorrect merchdise to the nearest Fed Ex drop box in an city 7 miles away that was located in a bank that doesn't open until 9:00.  Which means I'm out of the time to drive, cost and my lunch hour.

They make the mistakes, you just have to pay for them.  Buyer beware!

This is what they call customer service..........

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2013 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sportsmans-Guide/St-Pau-Minnesota-55075/Sportsmans-Guide-They-may-the-mistake-and-make-you-pay-for-it-St-Paul-Minnesota-1098890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sportsman's Guide

It got worse!

AUTHOR: Bill - ()

I went to the directed drop box, and guess what?  The package was too big & wouldn't fit, so I couldn't leave it; so wasted trip!

I have since called Fed Ex & they will pick up.  This is what the Sportsmans Guide should have done from the beginning.

Sportman's Guide you need to up your game when it is your mistake and not run customers around, my time is worth something to me too.  They cover their bases though, you will get billed for the wrong merchandise if don't  waste your time trying to fix their mistake.

That is the problem here; Sportsmans Guide messed up and expects their customers to help fix their mistake.  Acknowledge your mistake and fix it to your customer's satisfaction not whatever is the cheapest fix for you.

Ok, that being said I received my originally ordered merchandise today that they over nighted to me.  But that is the minimum expectation; what about my time trying to straighten out Sportsmans Guide mistake.  They should have arranged for the pickup from the beginning.

William

Incorrect Item Received

AUTHOR: Cari - ()

My apologies that you have received an incorrect item from The Sportsman's Guide.  Could you possibly provide me with your order number so that I can research the issue?  I want to make sure that all efforts to assist you with any error on behalf of our company have been made.