I have recently purchased a German Shepherd from a supposed "Hobby breeder" , Nate Harves/ Sportwaffen K9 in Indianapolis Indiana. I am writing to in hopes to inform you of an Unethical Breeding program operating mostly via the Internet and to hopefully prevent other buyers from falling into the same trap to buy as I did, and furthermore I am seriously concerned in regards to the health of his German Shepherd Dogs:
1. The dog was shipped to me in Texas therefore we payed in full before ever getting to meet our new family member "Shiva". Had I seen the poor condition she was in before purchasing, the transaction would have NEVER taken place.
2. It turns out that despite being told by Nate Harves that she was:
b. Trained in basic obedience
c. AKC registered from import bloodlines.
d. House broken, and trained to stay indoors.
e. Crate trained
d. Trained on a leash Etc....
Facts from other professional opinions and having to find out on my own, she is NONE of these things!!
3. When Nate was contacted by me and told these facts and asked to either exchange the dog for one that IS worth the 2990 dollars I payed or allow me to return the dog and get my money put back, he Immediately became belligerent and offered NO sort of FAIR resolution as any other "ethical hobby breeder "would and should do but instead sent me an email calling me a "Moron" and writing that "I'm a victim of nothing except being born stupid". Hardly a response I would Expect from a supposed "Reputable Man of Business".
3. This Unethical "Hobby" Breeder is using regulatory loop holes to sell directly to the public without a contract for the sale of his dogs, without screening the buyer before the sale to make sure his dogs are in fact going to a loving home with a fenced yard to play in.
Furthermore upon Shivas arrival from Indiana to Texas where upon picking her up myself and my family realized she was skin and bones looking to be extremely malnourished in which time I recorded a video as evidence that she may have been neglected by this so called hobby breeder who is clearly only out for the money and not the preservation of the true hobby breeder and their practices, he sells his dogs to anyone via the Internet without a guarantee of any sort in my case, especially a health guarantee. From where I stand, He has no specifications to which he breeds in order to preserve the integrity of the German Shepherd Dog being shown by the fact that he can not and will not provide me with any type of:
1. registration for the blood lines of my dog
2. He will not give me UTD Vet records or health records, the one piece of paper that his veterinarian faxed me proved that she was in fact NOT UTD on shots or vaccination and that she was not on any type of heart worm medication or prevention!
3. He will not provide me with an OFA preliminary report or radiographs ensuring me that the dog has no form of dysplasia.
In closing, I have all communications saved and written by Nate Harves to prove everything and MORE I have written here to be true and factual. This breeder is also a lawman in his county yet clearly thinks he is above abiding by the rules and regulations set forth by congress in such bills/laws as and H.R. 835, UCC and thinks he is above the very same activists and clubs that he claims to be a faithful member of.