Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Submitted: Wed, February 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 11, 2009

• Reported By:waterford Wisconsin
Sprint PCS
6391 Sprint Parkway Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

Sprint PCS Totally Scammed Not Fair Dallas Overland Park Kansas

I've already contacted the better buisness bureau... so here's the story:

Last year I bought a plan through sprint and I got the samsung M520. Bad reception. The phone would just turn off during phone calls. Just a really bad phone all together even though I had insurance. I lost my job and at that time my sis asked me if I could add her on my plan so I did. She was only 17 and all her pay checks were going to both of the phones.

In November I got my statement saying that I owed them 600. What really happened was, a representative changed my services without me knowing and he took off my unlimited text off of both phones. They only took care of 300 and the other 300 I had to pay. I finally got a job and then later found out that sprint had put my account in collections. My balance was 197.54 and I set up a payment plan for February 14th of this year.

I spoke to a representative online and she told me that all I would have to do is pay the 197.54 balance by the 14th and then I would have my phones restored. Then a few weeks later I called sprint just to conform that I would only have to pay that balance. I was all excited to have my phone turned back on until I called a sprint store to make a payment and then the lady couldn't do anything so I had to call a representative. This girl said that in her notes she saw a balance of 627.89 and there is no balance of 197.54.

I would have to pay the 600 bill in full to get my phone restored. These cell phone companies are ripping people off left and right. I'm only 20 years old and I had no idea that this was going to happen to me.I didn't listen to my mom, she did tell me that this might happen because it happened to her too. Sprint will always get the last laugh in the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Jessica
waterford, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/Overland-Park-Kansas-66251/Sprint-PCS-Totally-Scammed-Not-Fair-Dallas-Overland-Park-Kansas-423044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS