Complaint Review: sprint

• Reported By: JD — bosque farms New Mexico United States of America
sprint
Overland Park, Kansas United States of America

sprint customer service and billing deceval Overland Park, Kansas

I have been with sprint since 2004 and have had pretty good service until this past year. My phone was stolen and I called to file a report. I had told the rep. that I did not like the current phone I had because I have had to replace it multiple times for issues. I asked them if I had any other options, possibly getting a new phone.

They told me no, and I had to pay the $100.00 to file the insurance and get the phone replaced. So, I did. After havong the phone, like 3 day it started malfunctioning. I called sprint and they asked me "Why didn't you get an up-grade when your phone was stolen', I told them that no one informed me that I could. They said I could send in the phone for replacement because I live over 50 miles from the store. I wanted to know why they deceived me, was it because they wanted my insurance money, knowing I wanted a new phone? Why did they not inform me of my options before? They did not compensate me or give me any customer service, no credit to my account, nothing.

Oh, they did say they would credit my account $100.00, to my husbands line if he renewed his contract, but forfeited his upgrade, I said NO.

I decided not to. I waited and then ordered and new phone. I ordered the phone on-line through sprint. I paid through my debit card, directly, not thought my sprint account. The money was with drawn from ny account. I then noticed I had a $54 or $57 dollar credit to my account, I thought I over paid, so I paid no more attention to it. My husband then wanted to upgrade his phone, by this time the new bill had come out 2 days prior. I saw my bill was over $400.00 dollars, I was shocked.

I called sprint and they said I had a previous balance of $103.00 and when I got my new phone for $157.68 they credited my account and it left me with a credit of $54 dollars? I told them it was directly taken out of my bank account, they said they used that money to pay for the balance, which I did not know I had because by that time I had bought my phone and had only seen the credit.

So, they billed my phone to the sprint account w/ activation fees making $400.00+ dollars. They claim there was no error on sprints part, but I told them that if I had known I had a balance of $103 I would have paid it, instead I thought I had a credit, it was confusing. They admitted it was no a great process, but they could do nothing. So the money I used to buy my phone went towards a balance on my sprint account. So weeks later when the bill came out I was left paying a $400 dollar bill.

For most people that is a lot of money. They agreed to credit me $10 dollars!!! WOW!!! I told them they messed up my billing and screwed up my process, they deceived me.

Both times they got what they wanted and screwed me. I cannot even cut the lines because I would then have to pay the bill along with the $350 dollars to disconnect the account or it hurts my credit. They have a crappy customer service and the online billing is misinforming. Do not use sprint. I cannot even find a way to talk to someone higher up, in cooperate.

So i am reaching out to the public.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sprint/-Overland-Park-Kansas-66251-4300/sprint-customer-service-and-billing-deceval-Overland-Park-Kansas-953020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sprint