Complaint Review: Sprint

• Reported By: litecomplexion — san diego California
Sprint
Overland Par, Kansas USA

Sprint Misled and Poor Customer Service Overland Park Kansas

I called Sprint either 9/25 or 9/26 reporting that I have yet another issue with the phone. I informed them that the last few days I had to hold my phone a certain way to charge it so I would need a replacement of the phone since it is once again malfunctioning. I denied filing a claim as I should not be responsible for the deductible.  The sup Van rudely spoke to me & didn't even care to hear my issue told me to go to the corporate store to complain. When I got to the store, they tried to tell me my phone was damaged, which it is not.

They have provided me with nothing but assumptions as to hoe it was damaged but not have once confirmed that I actually damaged the phone or even took the time to look at it. The phone is currently fully operable. I continued to explain to the reps that I have been reporting issues with the functioning of this phone since an upgrade was performed in 2012 and this is when all the problems started. When I would report the issues to the CSR, they would tell me there are known issues with this model phone since the update but that Samsung was responsible and that there are problems with the batteries & charging ports. Their own technicians and reps told me this. I called back and spoke to the retention Sup Carlos and he tried offering me all these deals. He told me he would charge my account the deductible and then reimburse me. Only to later find out he applied credits to my acct. that I never agreed to but still didn't solve the issue as he said he would.

Then I call back and spoke to retention Sup Kimberly who was trying to rush me off the phone w/o even hearing me out until i demanded her to review my account history & hear my complaint. She then offered me advance exchange program.She transferred me to Melanie & I was told that they were going to swap out my phone for a new one & to go to a store to pick up the phone she even gave me a conf. #. When I went to the College Ave. corporate store, Sup Christopher M. told me that he doesn't have to honor anything as they have their own policy. When I told him how patient I have been through this whole thing and I could have left Sprint, he told me I still have that option.This is when I decided they have no cares for keeping their customers.

So I called and spoke to Nick in retention today to report the misleading info. and cancel my services. He seemed to only wish to argue as he went over what they cant do for me and how everything somehow falls on me. I asked him how is it right that a Sup. tell me something, and then they tell me they wont honor it? I would say that is misleading to offer a customer something and then say you cannot. I have heard about Sprint being horrible with customer service. It is not even worth the fight over a phone that is old and only worth $50 to them and and they have the crappiest network out of all the carriers. You can tell they only hire people to fill jobs and not to provide a great representation of the company. You would think they would keep the few customers they have instead of running them away. It is obvious that there is something they could have done considering I have complained about issue since last year, followed their instructions on fixing the phone, still paying my bill and being a customer when I could have left and better yet, could have left them with a bil.

Now they tell me they will cancel the service but I still need to pay the term fee. I am not paying a company for taking me out of their contract when it is because of their service and quality of phones that I wish to leave. Even after spending a large amount of time dealing with issues, being patient, never casued any other issue, etc. I still gave them many opportunities to keep me. I am now going to go over to Verizon. They have won this fight because it is not worth it. If I have to go through all of this just to be treated farily as a customer and demand that someone take the time out to help me, then I would rather not pay them another penny of my hard earned money. They go down a list and offer these options to see what you will accept. This would mean that there IS  always something they can do to assist a customer. The options they offer are comical as they try to make you stay their customer longer, but nothing to assist you with your issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/-Overland-Par-Kansas-66251-4300/Sprint-Misled-and-Poor-Customer-Service-Overland-Park-Kansas-1088947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint