Complaint Review: Sprint

• Submitted: Thu, April 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: judith — Cobbs Creek Virginia
Glen Allen, VA business office Glen Allen, Virginia United States of America

Sprint Sprint Paid Oo 4 Years Ago and Now Collection Notice Glen Allen, Virginia

Back in August of 2009, I canceled my Sprint, as I was going overseas to work. I spoke with a manager and was asked to furnish a copy of my overseas contract to prove I was out of network, so I complied. I was a long-term customer who always paid on time. I paid off my final bill and subsequently received a statement reflecting a zero balance. That was 4 years ago. Now, in February of 2013 my sister whose address I have registered with p.o. as official change of address in VA, sent me a scanned copy of a collection notice from Afni, Inc. on behalf of Sprint for unpaid balance of $202 but indicated they would accept half if paid by stiplulated date. I was furious. Not once in 4 years has Sprint ever sent me a bill to my sister's address but is obvious they have the address; otherwise, how could Afni know where to send same?! I sent a letter to Sprint, enclosing a copy of the notice. They have not responded. I have a sterling credit history and want to keep it so. Did I retain a copy of a paid-in-full statement from then? Of course not! Any advice?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/Glen-Allen-Virginia-23060/Sprint-Sprint-Paid-Oo-4-Years-Ago-and-Now-Collection-Notice-Glen-Allen-Virginia-1042647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint