Complaint Review: Sprint

• Reported By: iPissed — United States of America
Sprint
5575 North Port Washington Road Glendale, Wisconsin United States of America

Sprint iPhone experience RUINED!!! Glendale, Wisconsin

*Consumer Suggestion: Is this post really worthy of ripoffreport?

So I recently switched from my personal AT&T account to be a part of a corporate account on Sprint because its way cheaper for me. This I quickly found out was a significant reduction in service quality but I can deal with that because of the money I am saving. The issue is I when I switched I got the iPhone 5 (Sweet) but I had to get it from a Sprint store because of the corp acct. (fine-nbd). When I was at the store I gave the guy all the info to port over my number which doesn't actually require the service tech to turn on the phone.

Without asking me the guy ripped off all the plastic, turns on the phone (the phone I have been waiting for over 2 years for through broken glass of my 3gs) and starts going through it to make sure it works!!!AGGGGHHHHHH!! The single coolest thing about Apple products is the initial boot it makes the product so worth it. (I know I can redo it somehow but its the CHERRY). This jerk stole my entire customer experience because he wanted to turn it on himself like I, a tech savvy 22yr old, couldn't handle it.

I kept my composure but told him that wasn't cool he brushed it off and said "its fine" didn't even slightly apologize. On top of that I have always been told to charge every product for a very long time before turning it on the first time so the battery doesn't get messed up (this may be completely false) but now I have a phone that holds a charge for about 20 hours with minimal usage, I really don't need more than that but every time I touch it I feel like its been raped. WORST PHONE BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER. Its been about a month and a half since I got it and I think about it every day. He popped my iCherry!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 03:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/Glendale-Wisconsin-/Sprint-iPhone-experience-RUINED-Glendale-Wisconsin-974815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Is this post really worthy of ripoffreport?

AUTHOR: m.espiritu - (United States of America)

Sorry about your unsatisfactory phone buying experience. I appreciate apple products as well, and can definitely agree that the unwrapping of apple products is very enjoyable. I felt your report though was a bit misleading and histrionic. The title of your post says "Sprint Iphone Experience RUINED!" and I was expecting something along the lines of a faulty product, or problem with the phone service or product functionality. I read your review, and felt almost disgusted at the end in regards to your "icherry" analogy. It seems you've written a very thorough explanation of why you're upset someone did their job in ensuring you have a working product.

If unwrapping the phone meant that much to you, why wouldn't you tell him before you handed him the phone, or ask if he was about to unwrap and turn on the phone?? This entire "issue" could have been avoided.

Also, it doesn't seem as if the employee offered an apology because unwrapping the phone and ensuring its activation is probably part of his job. If you were so upset, and felt the phone had been "raped", why didn't you contact a manager? If you are still upset, why don't you call Sprint's corporate customer service number and tell them your complaint?

It seems like you have not given Sprint any chance to remedy the situation. In any case, I wish you the best of luck with your complaint, but hope in the future you save the space on this website for actual "Ripoff" reports. Save your childish rants for Facebook.