Complaint Review: sprint

• Reported By: jesse — bumpass Virginia
sprint
Nationwide USA

sprint big ripoff nationwide Nationwide

I feel like I am wasting my life with sprint. I am in the 3G and more coverage area yet my internet doesn't work half the time. I was told by the sales person at the store that there is no cap on their unlimited internet usage however Sprint reserves the right to shut down all data at 700mb of usage which is not in the contract but in the terms of usage which you get after the contract is signed and you have paid for the phone and activation. The salesman in the sprint store also agreed to the terms for me when activating my phone for the first time in the store.

The phonedoesn't work half the time even on the 4g network in the city and in the country where I live dropped calls or failed ones that never start are the norm. The first phone I had actually burnt my hand and left a red mark. It took a month to get a new phone which I was told was free replacement but they used my upgrade to do it... I took the phone back within three days only to be told that I just needed to back up and reset it and try it for a few more days... This was day three... They refused to replace it within the 14 day period because they could not recreatethe problem. And when they finally did agree to they said they would send me a return kit.

Turns out the return kit is an email with a mailing lable in it that I never recieved. I have a new phone now which works worse than the old one but doesn't burn me when I try to use it. Their coverage map is wrong for my area. Customer service is a joke... I was sent from finance , to tech support to account services, back to finance, hungup on by finance, called back transferred from finance to tech support again, stumped tech support called in manager, manager's a doofus, hung up on by manager again... All to try and figure out why my house on their map is two miles from the actual location of my house. That two miles being the difference between off network and good service. Still don't know why.

Only one person at sprint has been helpful and he only slightly( by that hedidn't hang up on me or transfer me to another know nothing supervisor) in summationSprintisn't is only worth it if you have money to burn and time to waste. The only thing that makes things happen with sprint is threatening a lawsuit and then only because they are in breach of every part of their contract

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sprint/nationwide/sprint-big-ripoff-nationwide-Nationwide-1080044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sprint