Complaint Review: SPS

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:Buffalo New York
SPS
spservicing.com Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

SPS In Shock Salt Lake City Utah

This company just recently returned my mortgage payment to me for the month of August. They had been accepting partial payments since late 2007 on my mortgage but, all of a sudden, decided to return August's to me stating that they would not accept anything less than an outrageous amount of money for fees that I encurred as a result of the deliquency. Before I had a chance to make payment arrangements to catch up, I was served with a summons and complaint stating that I now owe more than double the amount of money the original letter stated. There is no way I can pay that amount of money and they are not answering the phone. All I am ever able to do is leave a message for someone and then no one returns my calls.

I am not in a position to afford a lawyer to fight this and I have no idea what I can do to resolve the situation when they will not even talk to me on the phone.

Any suggestions?

Lah4271
Buffalo, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2008 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SPS/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84165/SPS-In-Shock-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-352425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SPS