Complaint Review: SQ Motorsports

• Updated: Sun, February 23, 2014

• Reported By:Danville Illinois
SQ Motorsports
1944 E Grand St Springfield, Missouri USA

SQ Motorsports Refuses to honor warranty, has you send back merchandise, then will not replace it. Springfield Missouri

*Consumer Comment: A Different Experience

I purchased a HID ballast from this company on ebay, in august of 2013, the unit had a 1 year warranty.

Feb 2014 the unit failed, and I contacted them, and was told to send it back, which I did.

The received the defective ballast back about a month ago, after not hearing anything from them in about a week, I contacted them, and was told "the ballast works, but is weak". They stated they were trying to find a replacement unit to send, a quick look on ebay, shows them selling the exact same part.

I am still waiting for them to replace a warranty item.

I dont understand the whole thing, they have admitted the ballast is not working properly "weak" in their own words, they sell the exact same unit, they have the defective unit, so ship me a replacement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2014 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SQ-Motorsports/Springfield-Missouri-65804/SQ-Motorsports-Refuses-to-honor-warranty-has-you-send-back-merchandise-then-will-not-re-1125850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SQ Motorsports

A Different Experience

AUTHOR: fitnessfreak - ()

I think you might have just had a bad experience. Perhaps there's more to the story? I have purchased HID kits from SQ for five vehicles now, last week being my most recent. Every time I walk into the shop I'm treated like a friend; and that's since day one. The only time I had a problem, SQ not only replaced my bad ballasts, but upgraded me to Super Slim's at no charge. Give them a call and talk it out with them. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they treated you any way other than great!

unlike