Complaint Review: SR SEWING Naperville.IL

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: redbarnrick — NEWARK Illinois United States of America
SR SEWING Naperville.IL
1872 Tamahawk lane Naperville, Illinois United States of America

SR SEWING Naperville.IL sr-sewing.com Started a Canvas job, Quit, left it unfinished, refused to give a receipt, ignored all messages! Naperville, Illinois

I found this service in the Chicago Craigslist Marine services, his ads are all over the net, I called Starved Rock Marina in Ottawa for a reference and got a positive referral. I had Rich A. (owner SR Sewing) start making a canvas and clear vinyl enclosure for the cockpit on my boat, I gave him the first payment to purchase the materials, he completed the Bimini top first, and it looked okay but seemed a little too loose,I paid him another payment on the completion of the top and a cover that I had him make for it. Rich used the old canvas front and side panels to make a template, I wanted the new panels 2 inches higher in front than the old canvas, for better headroom when standing. he spent 3 hrs. marking it all out, a week later hebrought out the semi finished panels for final fitting before attaching the canvas to the bottom where it snaps to the windshield, his new panels were 2 inches short, he made them wrong. [continued below]....
..... I told him I would buy new clear vinyl to fix the short panels, he instead glued clear strips to the bottom and said this will all be covered and it will all be fine, when the finished panels came out they were all rippled and did not look right, he assured me they would flatten from the heat of the sun, they got worse after two hot 90 degree days, when I told him I wanted a  receipt with his company letterhead and the front panel fixed, he said he was quitting and that I was too picky, I had another Canvas installer look at the job to see if it could be fixed, he told me he would not fix it or use any part of it, he did not want his reputation tarnished. I tried everything to get SR Sewing, to respond to calls and emails, he refused to answer any messages! I'm stuck with ill fitting and poorly constructed canvas and I'm out $1300, small claims court here we come!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SR-SEWING-NapervilleIL/Naperville-Illinois-60564/SR-SEWING-NapervilleIL-sr-sewingcom-Started-a-Canvas-job-Quit-left-it-unfinished-refu-953248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SR SEWING Naperville.IL