Complaint Review: SST, Systems And Services Technology

• Submitted: Tue, January 11, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 30, 2005

• Reported By:Indianola Iowa
SST, Systems And Services Technology
PO Box 801997 Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

SST, Systems And Services Technology Company Ripoff hassles customer but won't provide payoff information Kansas City Missouri

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Cant call out? the calls that are made are done on an auto-dialer

On December 7, 2004, I paid off my car loan through my mortgage broker when I bought a home. On January 7th I began getting phone calls from SST saying it was IMPERATIVE that I returned their call. I called, only to find out that my account was past due. I offered to give my mortgage broker's number to SST, but don't you know...they can't call OUT. (can't call out? how did they call me?)

I called my mortgage broker, who requested a fax of the pay off. I called SST at 10am on January 10th and was told that the fax would arrive between 2 and 4 pm that day. At 4pm, my mortgage broker called to tell me they had not received the fax and that they wanted to FEDEX another payment to them at the correct address THAT DAY.

I called SST AGAIN - and put in another fax request. Still no fax. I called SST AGAIN - trying desperately to get information to PAY OFF THE CAR LOAN THROUGH AN OVERNIGHT CHECK! I was given a verbal amount that was preceeded by a disclosure stating that the amount might not be correct.

On January 11th the mortgage broker had tracked the FEDEX package, which had arrived at its destination. I called SST and was given the run around AGAIN. I spoke to a SNOTTY supervisor named Stephanie who - get this - informed me that fax requests didn't go out until 24 hours later. When I told her that made no sense because it added 2 days of interest onto my loan, SHE informed ME that it was ONLY $1.10. (and your point is?)

I still have no fax confirmation and do not expect to see one at 4pm. Even if I get it, this company does NOT cooperate with the customers who keep them in business, and their customer service skills are sorly LACKING!

Isn't it amazing that the company who has called me half a dozen times to tell me my account is overdue is unable to provide a payoff amount?

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. IF YOU'RE THINKING OF USING SST, DON'T. IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A CUSTOMER, CHANGE COMPANIES!

Maryann
Indianola, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2005 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SST-Systems-And-Services-Technology/Kansas-City-Missouri-64180/SST-Systems-And-Services-Technology-Company-Ripoff-hassles-customer-but-wont-provide-pay-126841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SST, Systems And Services Technology

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Cant call out? the calls that are made are done on an auto-dialer

AUTHOR: Jamie - (U.S.A.)

Just a short response to this topic. I worked for them in the collections department, and the calls that are made are done on an auto-dialer. The computer automatically calls numbers on accounts that are past due.

If they are calling at 2 days past due it is because these are courtesy calls and the reps are supposed to state that. Also, your payoff will change daily, as per your contract you have a daily interest loan, which is where your interest is compounded daily.

If your daily interest is $1.20 & they give you a payoff of $2200.00 then 5 days later your payoff will be $2206.00. This is not a rip off this is in your original contract that you signed when you bought your vehicle.

Most people do not take the time to read their contracts word for word and then get angry later because they have signed something they dont agree with.

If you go to an attorney they will tell you the same thing. Its in your contract. Although I do agree with the snottiness of the reps because they are all like that, which is one of the reasons I left.

And by law they have to read a disclaimer before giving a payoff that will change. And good luck getting a written payoff. By the time you get it, it will have changed and will not be valid any longer anyway. Ask them for a 10 day payoff.