Complaint Review: St. Paul's United Methodist Church

• Updated: Sat, October 20, 2012

• Reported By: Jeff — Manteca California USA
St. Paul's United Methodist Church
910 East North Street Manteca, California United States of America

St. Paul's United Methodist Church Food Bank, False CPS (Child Protective Services) Report Manteca, California

*Author of original report: Update

Last month, my wife and I went to this place for food.  They are listed as a Food Bank in the Community Resources for San Joaquin County.  While we were there, there was an accident involving my 1 year old son.  He slipped out of my arms, landing on the ground.  I picked him up and made sure he was alright.  He was crying, but only because he was scared, not hurt.  I made sure he was alright and we continued our activities, concluded our visit and returned home.  No one at this church even bothered to make sure our son was ok or anything.  We didn't really think about that until after the next events happened.

Within an hour or so of our returning home, we were visited by the Manteca Police Department, who had received a call from Child Protective Services over our son falling from my arms at this Church.  The officer asked us a few questions, checked to make sure Logan was alright and left.  However, having the police come to our home unexpectedly over a CPS issue upset my wife, who already suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

My wife and I are disgusted with the way this Church acted over the whole incident.  They never even bothered to inquire about whether or not our son was alright.  In fact, no one even batten so much of an eyelash about it.  In our opinion, it was as if no one cared.  However, for them to THEN call Child Protective Services, giving them our information, etc. without having bothered to even see if our son was alright disgusts me.  Also, my wife was extremely upset to the point of crying.  I demand a full apology to both my wife and myself from both this Church and the representative that made the call.  I will update this report should this organization show any sign of reasonable human decency.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-Pauls-United-Methodist-Church/Manteca-California-/St-Pauls-United-Methodist-Church-Food-Bank-False-CPS-Child-Protective-Services-Repor-937215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. Paul's United Methodist Church

Update

AUTHOR: Jeff - (USA)

Also, while we were there on this occasion, and every time previously, we've informed this Food Bank that we do not eat pork.  On every other occasion, they've switched it out, even telling us that they keep chicken available for those occasion.  EVERY ITEM that we got this time that contains meat has pork in it.  They claimed that this time they "don't have any available", which we believe is a lie.  This is their way of continuing as much Discrimination as they think they can get away with and as much Retaliation as they think they can get away with, imo.

Update

AUTHOR: Jeff - (USA)

The full name of this "Manager" that we spoke with is Patty DeRoos.  She is the Chairperson of this organization.  She openly admitted to being the one that called CPS.  In my opinion, she seemed genuinely disappointed that no evidence was found of any wrongdoing by us and learning that CPS closed their investigation, finding no fault.  Upon being confronted, civilly, about the slanderous statements made in the report...she, rather than offer an apology, has attempted to order us not to return to this food bank.  Apparently, she is unaware that she's not legally allowed to do that.  This is a horrible, horrible organization, imo.  Even if I were Christian, I would never recommend their "Church" to anyone.  In fact, imo, using an agency like CPS in as a creative means of Religious Discrimination makes them little more than a cult, trying to intimidate people into believing and worshiping how they want.

Update

AUTHOR: Jeff - (USA)

We went to this Food Bank again today and spoke to the Manager about the false CPS report they filed against us.  Upon being told that CPS found no basis for ANY of their accusations, she immediately became upset and attempted to ban us from appearing at this Food Bank.  She cannot legally do this, but she did try.  This is a horrible, horrible organization.  The law protects those who file reports "in good faith".  However, what they tried to do is file a report over an accident, based on the fact that we are Pagan.  They'd asked us REPEATEDLY why we do not attend their Church Services.  It wasn't until we told them our religion that they filed this report.  I would suggest that anyone seeking services at this place be extremely careful.  In my experience, they attempt to use whatever agencies they can to try to cause problems for those they do not like.  The manager's name is Patty, I believe.  Thankfully, their attempt failed.  However, they are still a horrible, horrible organization.

Update

AUTHOR: Jeff - (USA)

Child Protective Services swiftly closed their investigation of us, finding no basis for the complaint.  The police officer we spoke with verified that our son appeared fine and nothing was amiss with us.

Update

AUTHOR: Jeff - (USA)

Additionally, the timing of this is strange and we feel that we're being Discriminated against.  The reason for this is as follows:  The False CPS report was filed by this Food Bank very shortly after the staff here learned that we are Pagan.

critic