Complaint Review: Stages of Beauty

• Updated: Thu, December 29, 2011

• Reported By: Christina — Imperial Pennsylvania United States of America
Stages of Beauty
Chattanooga, Tennessee United States of America

Stages of Beauty Sample purchase automatically signs up with monthly shipments and charges Chattanooga, Tennessee

I ordered a sample of Stages of Beauty product paying the $4.99 charge for shipping. A month later Stages of Beauty charged my bank account $74.98 without my consent. I immediately called customer service, (extremely angry) the customer service manager I spoke with stated "ma'am, I don't know why you're so upset."  Really?  If I took money from her account without her consent she'd be pissed off too.  She proceeded to explain to me that by order the "sample" of their product automatically signs me up to receive monthly shipments incurring monthly charges.  I was not provided with their "terms" for ordering a sample, which stated I agree to receive monthly shipments and monthly payment.  My account was credited the full amount within 3 business days, the product arrived and I returned it to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2011 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stages-of-Beauty/Chattanooga-Tennessee-/Stages-of-Beauty-Sample-purchase-automatically-signs-up-with-monthly-shipments-and-charge-815243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stages of Beauty