Complaint Review: Standard/US Lloyds Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, July 16, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, March 02, 2012

• Reported By: abused by standard — Denton Texas U.S.A.
Standard/US Lloyds Insurance
620 West Pipeline Hurst, Texas United States of America

Standard/US Lloyds Insurance Standard and US Lloyds did the same to me Hurst, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Standard Insurance/US Lloyds Insurance Company in Hurst, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I'm in a similar situation

Yes, they did the same to me. Have had my roof insepcted and reinspected by US Lloyds 3 times now.
They sent the same "roof engineer" to my home. My roofer was there alll but the first time when they inspected it before scheduled time.

Roof engineer said there were not sufficient storms in my area the claim was made.

Unfortunately, the placed the wrong date as damage sufferage. Mine actually occurred April 14, 2011. There were several LARGE Hail Stones. One shattered my front window. Two others pierced my 1/4 inch plastic Scurity System warning sign!! Thousands of strikes on my fencing including one broken fence post.

Yet, somehow I was in the same bubble you must be under. Because Standard/US Lloyd couldn't find sufficient damage on my property. Despite other roofs and complete fences are being replaced. Imagine that?

Suspiciously, my damages fell just short of my deductible. Funny thing, my roofer met the same Lloyds inspector a few weeks later and told the Ins man if you're going to do the same kind of wiork likle you did before don't even bother going up.

He reports Insurance inspector replied that they were a smal company and couldn't afford to fix everyones roof.

Guess what? He did the same to them. Net result: damages minimized to reduce US Lloyds financial responsibilty.
I asked to speak with Standards Claim managers supervisor but she was apparently unavailable since she was involved in another mediation meeting!!
Obviously, this is standard for Standard/US Lloyds Insurance.
The Texas Insurance Department states they have a 2.5 times higher complaint ratio than other Home Insurance writers.
Not good.
We should get together and confront them as a group ya think?

If considering ANY Insurance I would avoid Standard Insurance/US Lloyds Insurance. To me, they are only good at taking money away from you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2011 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StandardUS-Lloyds-Insurance/Hurst-Texas-76053/StandardUS-Lloyds-Insurance-Standard-and-US-Lloyds-did-the-same-to-me-Hurst-Texas-753692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Standard/US Lloyds Insurance

Standard Insurance/US Lloyds Insurance Company in Hurst, Texas

AUTHOR: singlemom - (United States of America)

Standard Insurance/US Lloyds Insurance Company in Hurst, Texas has a C+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and in all sincerity, Im extremely surprised to discover they rate that high.

Im in the same sinking raft as the two posters above. A severe storm blew through Denton County last April and ravaged my neighborhood with hail and high wind. An overwhelming majority of surrounding homes have had complete roofs, gutters, windows, landscaping and fences replaced.

I requested an adjustor twice after my claim was denied the first time. However, the same adjustor arrived with pen and clipboard both times, despite specifically asking for a different one in light of this individual who described a 6-foot square section of missing shingles as simply a mechanical repair. And of course the estimate for this mechanical repair falls short of my deductible.

Still yet, the ultimate insult was delivered upon the second inspection, when this adjustor had the audacity to insinuate to my roofer that someone could have taken a broomstick and created the appearance of hail damage (a large, two-story home with a steeply sloped roof almost 30 feet of the ground in places). I suppose the same busy broomstick could have been used on the visibly damaged fences, and gutters, and flashings, and window screens, and air conditioners, and outdoor fixtures, and on the wooden decks and outbuildings, etc...

I honestly dont know whether to laugh or cry.

I'm in a similar situation

AUTHOR: wickywinn - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, I am in the same situation as you with US Lloyd.  I was advised to contact my agent who sold me the policy and get him to put some heat under them.

As soon as I told him who I was calling about that is all he needed to know.  He told me that he too has been ripped off by them and has had many complaints from customers of his about them.  He will no longer sell their policies and told me that, unless you want to fight a legal battle, they are impossible and even then you will probably get nowhere.  He is shopping other policies for me now.

I've been advised to file a BBB complaint although I doubt that will do any good.  I hope these bad business practices catch up to them sooner than later.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC