Complaint Review: STANLEY HOME WARRANTY

• Updated: Wed, November 20, 2013

• Reported By: beyhanz — LAS VEGAS Nevada
STANLEY HOME WARRANTY
560 Sylvan Avenue Suite 3032 , Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey USA

STANLEY HOME WARRANTY STANLEY SAFE CLUB THE ONLY FUNCTIONAL PART OF THIS COMPANY IS PREMIUM COLLECTION. THE REST IS NO SERVICE, RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DISHONESTY , Englewood Cliffs New Jersey

*Author of original report: More on the case

I have purchased Stanley Home Warranty's so called best plan (Gold Plan) with a premium of about $850/y ear.

My first service call was for an AC unit problem, it took two weeks, tens of phone calls, hours spent on hold, several startegically cancelled appointments and countles "someone will call you back"s to replace a $15-worth part. My family had to go through two weeks without AC in Las Vegas at temparatures over 100F.

I filed my second claim for my pool heater which is covered by the warranty  on October 16, 2013 and filed an online claim to get a service appointment arranged. No response for two weeks. My numerous calls following lengthy hold times, received by phone receptionists and the standard response was that someone would call me back.

After informing them that I will file complaints about the Company, I received an e-mail indicating a service appointment with a local service provider  was arranged . When I called the service Company to confirm this appointment I was told that there was no appointment scheduled for my property and they don't work with Stanley Home Warranty at all. Since then, I contacted Stanley several times by phone and e-mail just to receive the standard "someone would call you back" or no response at all. It has been about a month since I experienced the malfunction, and report it and did not get even a service visit, let alone a solution to the problem.

I have filed complaints with the BBB and NJ Division of Consumer Affairs. I will keep you posted about this scambag!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2013 12:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STANLEY-HOME-WARRANTY/-Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/STANLEY-HOME-WARRANTY-STANLEY-SAFE-CLUB-THE-ONLY-FUNCTIONAL-PART-OF-THIS-COMPANY-IS-PREMI-1100833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STANLEY HOME WARRANTY

More on the case

AUTHOR: beyhanz - ()

After my Ripoff Report, Stanley arranged another contractor to work on the problem. This time the contractor came to my property and find out the problem and the solution. Since then, the contractor is trying to get the approval of Stanley to fix the problem. Not surprisingly, Stanley does not have a direct line for their contractors. They also have to go through "someone will call you back" nonsense without success.

It has been two months already since I reported the problem. The echnician is ready to fix it. But nothing is done. Stanley keeps charging for the premiums in the meantime, though.

Bergen County Consumer affair is looking into the complaint