Complaint Review: Stanley Home Warranty

• Updated: Wed, February 19, 2014

• Reported By: ruthiegirl — LITHONIA Georgia
Stanley Home Warranty
560 Sylvan Avenue Suite 3032 Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey USA

Stanley Home Warranty, Stanley Warranty, Stanley Safe Club Rip Off, Do NOT Trust Them Englewood Cliffs New Jersey

We have paid Stanley Warranty $48.99 per month via automatic withdrawals on my bank account from April 2013 thru Dec 2013 for home repair service. Though I requested service in November (before Thanksgiving) on my dishwasher and dryer I have received no service. The request was appropriately made on their web page under "Request Service" and all details of the appliance and our contract number and name were included. They did send an email in November saying they received my service request and a service provider would be contacting me.  No one called me in November or December.   I have since called the phone number on the website 5 times and left a message about this and my phone number to call back, but have received no call back. I have emailed them 4 times regarding this also, but received no response. Finally I spoke to the repairman in January (I think)  5 times but he kept promising to call back and promising to come out, but he did not call me and  nothing was ever done. I have placed a stop payment on all future withdrawals from my account.  Filed a report with BBB in NJ but Stanley Warranty stated in writing to them that they did respond and tried to set up service but I cancelled the contract in January.  They also stated that if I wanted to persue this, they would charge me the remainder of the contract.  - First they lied to the BBB saying they tried to provide service, Second they threatened me in their response to BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 10:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanley-Home-Warranty/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/Stanley-Home-Warranty-Stanley-Warranty-Stanley-Safe-Club-Rip-Off-Do-NOT-Trust-Them-Eng-1124993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanley Home Warranty