Complaint Review: Stanley Home Warranty

• Updated: Tue, December 10, 2013

• Reported By: john — naples Florida
Stanley Home Warranty
560 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey USA

Stanley Home Warranty Supervisor Noah approved $500 claim on phone. Submitted as requested on 9/7/13. Followed several times with no response. Apparaently trying to slow me outof it. Picked the wrong guy. I will sue. Don't care what it cost or how long it takes. Unsure - contacts by phone & email New Jersey comp

Purchased policy in May 2013.  I telephoned in a claim per the contract instructions for a pool problem in July.  They refused to replace the pump motor citing that their selected repair service, (someone I never heard of), wanted too much.  Told me I could get my own estimate.

I submitted a lower estimate and after much telephone to do, Supervisor Noah approved the claim for $500.00.  I submitted the claim with two paid invoices equaling $510.00 by email on 9/7/2013 as instructed.

Recieving no payment or response in over 30 days, I re-sent the email claim with paid invoices as a reminder.  I then followed-up by telephone twice and was only able to leave voice mails.  It has been weeks and still no response.

I have encountered this "slow him out of it" ploy before.  He won't sue in Kentucky or New Jersey because he's from Florida.  I will spend whatever it takes for as long as it takes.  They got the wrong guy.  Legal action is in the works.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2013 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanley-Home-Warranty/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/Stanley-Home-Warranty-Supervisor-Noah-approved-500-claim-on-phone-Submitted-as-requeste-1105996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanley Home Warranty