Complaint Review: Stanley Warranty, LLC

• Updated: Wed, October 16, 2013

• Reported By: Kathy — Montgomery Texas
Stanley Warranty, LLC
560 Sylvan Ave Suite 3032 Englewood Cliff, New Jersey USA

Stanley Warranty, LLC DON'T GET SUCKED IN BY THIS ONE! Englewood Cliff New Jersey

We contracted with Stanley Warranty, LLC for Home Warranty Protection. Their price was very reasonable and after being disaapointed by another Home Warranty company, we decided the only thing we really needed to protect was our air conditioner which would be the most exspensive to replace. I chose Stanley Warranty because they offered customized plans and the reviews on their site were very positive.  and so we paid for about a year and our A/C stopped cooling in August of this year. We placed a call to Stanley Warranty - oh no wait - sorry - you can't CALL them for a claim - you have to do it online. 2 days later they got back to us and called SEARS- Sears came out and said their was a leak in the coils, that they could not be repaired but had to be replaced. they put in $300 of freon. Stanley warranty denied the claim. I called them and finally got to a person named Jeff - funny how no one there will give last names-  and he explained that they only covered $1,000.  Sure enough that's what it said in the contract and so I said fine , " what do I do now." "Jeff" told me to have SEARS fix it and send the bill to Stanley. NO mention of an authorization #. So I called SEARS and was informed that they would not replace just the coils but only the whole unit. So I called Stanley Warranty back and after about 30 minutes of re-routing calls got "Jeff" again. He said he would find another contractor . Miracles of Miracles he did call me back but with bad news: there was no one else contracted to them in our area and I would have to find a repairman on my own. Once I had the repair completed, I was to fax/send  the recept to Stanley Warranty. Again no mention of an authorization #. I did as I was told; the repair was done and I faxed and sent a registered letter with the required information. On August 26, I called again to verify that they had received the fax/letter and this time I spoke to "Diane" No Last Name and she told me it would take about 30 days to review  and that a check would be cut on October 1st. I asked then if she had everything she needed and she said "Yes." And so now it is October 16 ,2013 and I called again to inquire on the check and I was told that no authorization # in writing had been sent to me and therefore my claim was denied. What a rip off! I am out all the money we paid for "protection" as well as the $1,000 we were promised in re-imbursement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2013 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanley-Warranty-LLC/Englewood-Cliff-New-Jersey-07632/Stanley-Warranty-LLC-DONT-GET-SUCKED-IN-BY-THIS-ONE-Englewood-Cliff-New-Jersey-1092417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanley Warranty, LLC