Complaint Review: Stanley Warranty

• Updated: Mon, January 06, 2014

• Reported By: Ronda — Somerset New Jersey
Stanley Warranty
560 Sylvan Ave Suite 302 Englewood Cliffs , New Jersey USA

Stanley Warranty Fraud - they never replace your broken appliances, nor do they fix them. Englewood Cliffs New Jersey

In June of last year my AC broke. According to their contract they are suppose to have someone contact you within 48 hours. I kept calling in over 95 degree weather only to be contacted by them a week later. They sent a technician out who assessed my AC and furnance. He concluded that the AC was not able to be repaired and that the furnace also has serious performance issues. He sent the documentation back to Stanley Warranty. I didn't hear from them in another week, as I fully thought with the documentation they would replace my AC as they promised they would do when I initially signed up for their services.

Once I finally got a person on the line a man told me that he spoke to his supervisor who authorized $1,000.00 reimbursement once I had a new AC installed. At the time I didn't have the money and had to save up to eventually replace the AC 3 months later (August). Once installed I sent the receipt and supportive documentation - heard nothing for months, and I called only to get repeated pre-recorded message. It didn't matter what time I called I never received a call back or correspondence. In December I sent a certified letter that they had to sign to receive.

I finally received a call back from a woman named Lori, asking me to provide documentation of their intent to reimburse me for the AC purchase and installation. For months this company has been withdrawing money from my account. This company continues to fraud homeowners...save your money and time and frustration. I was lured in becuase they claim not to have a service fee. However, what difference does it make if you can't reach them. The technician they sent to my house has been requesting payment from them since June. He informed me he was just paid after multiple calls in November 2013.

Keep in mind he provided the assessment in June 2013. In December 2013 my furnace was not working. I called them and left multiple messages. They responded 1 week later (not within 48 hours). My family and I would have frozen as it was 48 degrees in our bedrooms. I had to get a local provider to service my furnace and sent the reciept to Stanley. To date I have not received the monies I had to spend on my furnace or for replacing my AC. What this company does should be illegal. If you know of someone filing a class action I would most certainly be willing to join in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanley-Warranty/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/Stanley-Warranty-Fraud-they-never-replace-your-broken-appliances-nor-do-they-fix-them-1113234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanley Warranty