Complaint Review: Stanton Optical

• Reported By: graphicdavid — Bakersfield California
Stanton Optical
4492 Ming Avenue Bakersfield, California USA

Stanton Optical Avoid Stanton Optical at all costs Bakersfield California

I went to Stanton because they are close to my house, and they advertise two pairs of glasses for a reasonable price.

I've worn glasses since I was in third grade. I'm now 55. I know how this is supposed to go. The eye exam was fine. The doctor was professional, and efficient.

The glasses are an entirely different story.

First of all, the place is cheesy. No one assists you with choosing your frames. "Find something you like," is all the advice you get.

They made two pairs for me.

One pair, I couldn't see out of. The prescription for distance was so low in the lens, that I had to crane my neck to see normally. I took them back, and they remade them, and I still can't see well out of this pair. The prescription is only in the very center of the lens. As long as I don't move my eyes and remain very still, I can see.

The other pair pinched my nose, and the left lens was loose. [continued below]....

..... I could pop it out with little effort. Took this pair back THREE times, and they could not get them repaired. They finally agreed to remake with another frame. These pair are also difficult to see out of - very blurry.

The technicians did not do much adjusting of the frames. If they fit, great. If they don't they'll attempt to adjust, but don't expect much.

And, each time they send the glasses out to be remade, it takes about a month.

I'm completely dissatisfied, and I went back to get a refund. They tell me that I waited too long to ask for the refund, and denied my claim.

I went to another optomistrist who told me that they purchase their lenses from China, and they make them in such a way that they will never be able to get my prescription correct.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2014 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanton-Optical/Bakersfield-California-93309/Stanton-Optical-Avoid-Stanton-Optical-at-all-costs-Bakersfield-California-1123825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanton Optical