Complaint Review: Starion Energy

220 Main Street South Southbury, Connecticut USA

Starion Energy ripoff people money Southbury Connecticut

*General Comment: Costs

Today, February 21,2014

My electric bill went up significantly since January. so I checked the bill from 3 months before and I relize that the rate went up. I called the company, after they put me on hold for 30 mnt finally I spoke to someone, so I told her about my concern and hoping that she can give good solution. They have charging me over $274.52 since January 2014. unfortunately she said that my contract has been expired since December 2013, so I told her that I didnt get any notificaton that my contract would expired soon and the new rate would be applied. If I knew that they would charged me that much, of course I would get another company who has cheaper rate. As customer I thought that we have right to know if they were going to charge us more.

I AM SATISFIED!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starion-Energy/Southbury-Connecticut-06488/Starion-Energy-ripoff-people-money-Southbury-Connecticut-1125460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starion Energy

#1 General Comment

Costs

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

When you have such a severe winter as we have had this year, it places a demand that is difficult to meet. When there is such a high demand, then the costs of producing electricity go up. The electric company is ONLY passing the increased costs to the very same people DEMANDING electricity. It costs more to make the electricity during high demand periods.

What I find funny is that you would expect THEM to contact you when your contract is up. I find it also funny that you make such a stink over the costs of the electricity that YOU have used. When your bill is lower you dont hop on a website and complain. All of this issue is just because you dont KNOW how these things are done. No crime there, the REAL crime is that you felt perfectly alright blasting a business because YOU were ignorant of all the facts.

Maybe in the future you might research your problem BEFORE you go showing the web your lack of knowledge. Because you are blasting a business for doing business. YOU have not been ripped off neither have you been scammed. The only injured entity here is the electric company due to the simple fact that its easier to complain then it is for you to do your part.