Complaint Review: Starion Energy

• Updated: Mon, December 30, 2013

• Reported By: gmichann — Meriden Connecticut
Starion Energy
220 Main St. South, Suite 206 Southbury, Select State/Province USA

Starion Energy Electric supplier Horrible Tricksters and Unscrupulous Southbury Connecticut

*Author of original report: Withdraw this complaint

I am in shock that our state has allowed this farce of electric suppliers to switch my electricity supplier without my permission and let them change rates so high with no notice.   I filed a complaint with PURA this morning over the phone as well as writing to my state representative, the Attorney Generals office and the Dept of Consumer Protection.  I've been lead to believe there is nothing anyone will do because there is no regulation.  Then when you call CL&P, they say it could take a couple more cycles!  Are you kidding me?  Something is so wrong with this picture!

I have a two family house that has electric heat and was switched without my knowledge to Starion Energy Inc. where they doubled  the rate to I was payingpreviously to 14 Cents per kw on last months bill!  I have been in tears facing these bills of nearly 800 dollars knowing they would have been so much less at the current rates from my previous supplier.

Do you know how many elderly and low income families are living in CT that can be open to fraud from these suppliers and the financial hardships they wouldunnecessarily be in as a result of these horrible greedy unscrupulous suppliers?

I am also on the "do not call" list, but receive many of these electric companies calling me from local cell phone numbers.  When I pick these calls up I immediately request that they remove me from the list and they have still called me back more than once.  I do my homework with on line research, not from telemarketers.

We need to team up and demand our rights!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starion-Energy/Southbury-Select-StateProvince-06488/Starion-Energy-Electric-supplier-Horrible-Tricksters-and-Unscrupulous-Southbury-Connectic-1111783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starion Energy

Withdraw this complaint

AUTHOR: gmichann - ()

I would like to wthdraw this complaint against Starion Energy and have it deleted.  Thank You