Complaint Review: Startup Essentials

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2008

• Reported By:Warrenville Illinois
Startup Essentials
4455 LBJ Fwy Ste 501 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Startup Essentials - James One - A1 Leasing - USA Card Services These companies have Scammed me too! They paint a picture of something grand that they will HELP with you and in the end hang you out to dry. Run, RUN, Hanug UP! ripoff Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: Buy OUT? Are you kidding?

*Author of original report: Update 12/10/07

*Consumer Comment: Returning the Laptop

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: HELP**HELP**... HOW TO JOIN HANDS AND COMPLAIN ?

*Author of original report: Called Attorney out of Ohio

*Author of original report: AG Attorney & FTC

*Author of original report: Update 8/14/07 after Speaking with A-1 Leasing again.

I was contacted by a Mr. Elum stating it was an offer only a select few would receive and I was one of them. (As you can see from the complaints there is not a selecet FEW). Mr. Elum gave me cell number and company extension.

The company has ripped me off into thinking that I needed their product and services for a business. They painted the picture I could get a business up and running in 48 hours after recieving the materials. In essence it was two months before I started putting items on the website. When it broke down after starting on it.

That took three days of voicemails to get the website back up and running and then the laptop, that was supposed be top of the line, broke. I called Startup Essentials and they told me I had to deal with the manufacturer that it wasn't their problem.

When I signed on, Mr. Elum told me that if I spilled coke on it after two years, call us up and we will send you out a new one. The CS rep (don't have name) I talked to about the laptop said they only deal with software. After speaking with ACER( the manufacturer) about the laptop they stated the warranty was for One Year NOTTHREE as I was told.

To this day I am fighting them to refund all charges, as they have defrauded me into receiving this junk that I do not need. Apparently now they have changed their phone number as well and have an answering services taking there calls.

This is a scam and needs to shutdown, before anyone gets their money taken. If they call you Hang-up and never answer again!

Sarah
Warrenville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Startup-Essentials/Dallas-Texas-75244-5914/Startup-Essentials-James-One-A1-Leasing-USA-Card-Services-These-companies-have-Scamm-267357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Startup Essentials

Buy OUT? Are you kidding?

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

I have been reading some other reports and some ZXduker or something like that is sending rebuttals on numerous reports saying that you can buy out and just call A-1 Leasing.

Why should I buy out when I was scammed. If anything they should buy out with me, for all the hassel I have had to put up with! ZX if you're a real person and not part of A-1 good for you for having $1800 to give to them.

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

Who is the attorney handling the class action law suit in Texas? How do I contact him. Thanks

Update 12/10/07

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

I have not heard from either company as of today. A-1 leasing sent me a letter a couple months ago saying I have defaulted on my loan. I have tried explaining to them that I did not receive the assistance I was supposed to for the money I was paying and they have pretty much told me S.O.L.! I will not pay anything further. check your mail, there is a Class action suit pending in Texas against these companies. The attorney told me that they can't threaten to take my house or anything of that nature! Just stand your ground, it may hit my credit but, I am not paying them anything because it is not right and they get their say in court...hopefully soon. I was told by the attorney that he was unsure of the date but if he needed anything he would contact me or I would just receive the Class action suit info when things go through and get a judgement. Hang in there, there are people fighting for us!

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Hi, I too am a victim. I sent termination letters notifing all companies involved that I was not going to pay for their breech of contract after 10 months of getting no hits on my site. I am sure that I have killed my credit but refuse to be a victim any longer. If you want to send back the computer, it must go to A-1 Leasing. Be aware they will want to add charges for refurbishing the computer and repairing any so called damage. Good Luck.

#10 REBUTTAL Individual responds

HELP**HELP**... HOW TO JOIN HANDS AND COMPLAIN ?

AUTHOR: Melody - (U.S.A.)

I have been SOoooooo RIPPED OFF!
Now they are ruining my credit. I was screwed by an X and had to move to hide from him because he was trying to kill me. Someone called and made me all these promises but it was only to be offered to a few select people. I thought it was God telling me that this was my answer to an income. NOPE! I was promised money and help and got neither. I worked on it on my own for over a year till I was totally OUT of money. I closed my account and now the collections are after me.

I have to have my credit or I am doomed. I won't be able to live or buy anything. I need help from anyone that knows anything. Tell me where to write or call and I will gladly join hands with everyone to put this company out of order.
PLEASE can someone help me!
What should I do now?

Called Attorney out of Ohio

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

I called Steven Potter out of Ohio, a numbered I recieved from one of the other reports on this site.I have left a message and hopefully should hear from him soon. His Number 440-544-1105. Please post any updates you have. Also does anyone have a valid address for Startup Essentials? I am unable to return the equipment as it was undeliverable. Let's stay together on this one.

AG Attorney & FTC

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

I have filed complaints with the AG in TX, MI and my State IL. All are going to look into the complaint and contact me if they need anything futher. Also I filed with FTC. I believe if enough people and enough complaints get through that this will hit the roof. Look they have already seen an effect of the SCAM as they have "downsized" quoted from an ex-employee I spoke with. The bigger problem is that they are coming up with a new scam BIGFLY media!! Stay away! Let's stick togoether, follow-up with FTC, and AG's, and I think even to the media. Everyhting can happen if we join hands.

Update 8/14/07 after Speaking with A-1 Leasing again.

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

I spoke with Steve at A-1 Leasing and he explained to me he has nothing to do with Startup Essentials that I financed thru them. When I signed on I was under the impression and told that Startup essentials was the company, A-1 leasing was going to be the name on the charges to my account. So now I see I have no contract with Startup essentials and a lease with A-1 that I am receieving no services for! A-1 stated that if they (startup Essentials) said they would be providing a service to me then I need to take it up with them but I am not able to reach them. It is a vicious cycle that seems like it has no end!